Dianna in Brooklyn

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in People
it's been a while since i last shared a photo here, but i would love some feedback on a couple of these pictures from one of my latest shoots. any comments are greatly appreciated!

#1 (this photo involved some trespassing)
225536948-L-1.jpg

225541534-L-1.jpg

Comments

• SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I really like the pose in #2. She has beautiful eyes so the only CC I have is that I wish her hair wasn't covering part of her right eye.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    glad you trespassed because i really like # 1 because of the background and environment! :D the you have a nice looking model! thumb.gif

good job all in all!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 27, 2007
    glad you posted!-

no complaints on either pic!-

nice looking model and great photos!-
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Well I can find nothing to nit pick on with number 1. I like everything about it. bowdown.gif

I am not a fan of seeing the bottom of shoes in photos (we all have our own likes/dislikes right?ne_nau.gif ) so the pose on number 2 works for me. Her left hand is fine, but her right hand doesn't look very relaxed, and for some inexplicable reason, once I noticed that I find it a little distracting. I know she is sporting a modern....bangs-in-yer-face hair-do, but I would still rather see her eyes than her hair even if she isn't peering into the camera.

These are very minor nit-picks to be taken with a grain of salt as they are both excellent portraits. thumb.gif I would however strongly reccomend you spend some time with the clone tool to see about getting rid of all the cigarette butts in number2. I think it would help.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    thanks shane, chrissie, gefillmore, and jeffreaux, i really appreciate the comments!
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Her left hand is fine, but her right hand doesn't look very relaxed, and for some inexplicable reason, once I noticed that I find it a little distracting. I know she is sporting a modern....bangs-in-yer-face hair-do, but I would still rather see her eyes than her hair even if she isn't peering into the camera.

15524779-Ti.gif
    now that you mention it, that hand is a bit distracting and i would definitely prefer to see her eyes as well. i already spoke to her about her hair/eyes for the next shoot, so we will both be more aware hopefully thumb.gif
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I would however strongly reccomend you spend some time with the clone tool to see about getting rid of all the cigarette butts in number2. I think it would help.

i'm definitely considering removing the butts. when i first looked at this series of photos i couldn't believe how many butts there were and how we hadn't notice them when we were shooting there. i feel like they are almost part of the scene, so for now, they remain.

thank you again! i really appreciate it!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    it's been a while since i last shared a photo here, but i would love some feedback on a couple of these pictures from one of my latest shoots. any comments are greatly appreciated!

In #1 the bridge is growing out of her head...but it is not too distracting. Thpough the background had to be darker otherwise her hair would have no defiinition aginst the white sky.

I like the 2nd shot a lot.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I like both shots though the first thing I noticed in #2 was the weird hand placement.
    She has blonde hair so high key off the bright background could've worked too I think but I don't think there is anything wrong with it as is...
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Love #2 the best. 1st one is good, but the overexposed b/g kind of distracting. Nice processing too thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Great Photos!
    I like #2 the best beacuse the background is less distracting.
    I would not take out the cig. butts because that is what you would see if, you where on that street.

Thanks for postingclap.gif
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Both very nice shots!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    These are nice.

First one - Who cares about a little trespassing - it's all good if you don't get caught. Risks must be taken for the art, right? I generally like this one - love the setting. It's urban and gritty. I have to wonder how this would look B&W; I think it would be even stronger. You have her body in a nice diagonal, adding interest to the photo - enough that it overcomes the strong centering.

Second - This is really cool. Only two nits: (1) Her right hand - what's up with that, and (2) I think a little fill on her face would add the final touch.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Bing, where the heck have you been??

I love #2.
  • _adamj_adamj Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2007
    i love number one but overall 2 really strong shots. great work thumb.gif
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    qarik, evoryware, shepsmom, chuck, cuties, scott, mitchell, and adam, thank you very much for your comments, i really appreciate them!
    (2) I think a little fill on her face would add the final touch.

15524779-Ti.gif i'll probably go back in to fix that.