Few Problems

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited November 28, 2007 in Cameras
:(: :confused
Getting this orange on pics shot at iso 800 and 1600. but not on all photos.

226151520-M.jpg

And today i noticed camera will focus on subjects about few meters far away but picture comes out OOF:cry

Any technique to solve the problem ?
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited November 27, 2007
    :(: :confused
    Getting this orange on pics shot at iso 800 and 1600. but not on all photos.

226151520-M.jpg

Awais,

I suspect you are using manual white balance (WB) on that shot. You need to set the WB to be correct for the light source. I suspect you set the camera at something close to daylight WB but there was probably an incandescent light high and to the right.

And today i noticed camera will focus on subjects about few meters far away but picture comes out OOF:cry

Any technique to solve the problem ?

A few meters away should not be a problem but the close focus distance for the Canon EF 50mm, f1.8 is .5 meters so be careful around that distance. The camera and lens will probably work best if you use a single focus point where you want prime focus. Sometimes you may even need to manually focus for best results.

Remember too that DOF is much more shallow with a dSLR than with a digicam at the same aperture (usually.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Ok this gradient effect don't seems to be a problem as it is occassional.
    I will try to catch some photos in controled environment to check back focus. :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery