Sheila in the studio

D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited November 28, 2007 in People
This is another scan but , from an old print I had to try to clean it up a bit.. Never tried to work with black and white..Help all you can ... SHEILA.jpg This was shot with TRI-X at 1600ASA and developed with Diaz something I can not remember... And if someone tells me it is not sharp kiss my you know what...

Comments

• D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    This was shot with TRI-X at 1600ASA and developed with Diaz something I can not remember... And if someone tells me it is not sharp kiss my you know what...[/QUOTE]
    Have any of you been in a sound studio??? I have not in awhile....
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I have indeed
    been in many sound studios....in fact, I still frequent them mwink.gif

I like it. What I may suggest is running it through a noise filter...not so much to make it look plastic or unreal, just to diminsh a bit of grain. The shot is definitely cool!

BTW...I really appreciate photos like this as the other side of my life is a professional piano technician....get to have lots of fun tuning for varied artists.

Nice shot.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited November 27, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:

I like it. What I may suggest is running it through a noise filter...not so much to make it look plastic or unreal, just to diminsh a bit of grain. The shot is definitely cool!

BTW...I really appreciate photos like this as the other side of my life is a professional piano technician....get to have lots of fun tuning for varied artists.

Nice shot.
    Tri-X AT 1600 ASA made noise or grain , the shot is what matters...
    Thanks.....
  • dlacouturedlacouture Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Hello!

I was wondering, if you have Tri-X, why is it that we can see some red discoloration? (see the mic...)
    Don't you scan in B&W? I have a dImage Elite film scanner, and my b&w does not produce RGB files, only one channel, 16bits TIFFs.
    (I've just read your post again, and finally understood : this comes from a print, not the negative itself! Sorry!)

Apart from this technical remark, your pic is great... The feeling is here, the voice nearly heard...
    edited November 28, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:

Nice shot.
    I will try that , Thanks for the suggestion...
    edited November 28, 2007
    dlacouture wrote:
    Hello!

I was wondering, if you have Tri-X, why is it that we can see some red discoloration? (see the mic...)
    Don't you scan in B&W? I have a dImage Elite film scanner, and my b&w does not produce RGB files, only one channel, 16bits TIFFs.
    (I've just read your post again, and finally understood : this comes from a print, not the negative itself! Sorry!)

Apart from this technical remark, your pic is great... The feeling is here, the voice nearly heard...
    Scanner is an HP all in one fax machine, I will try to get the brown out of it , thanks for pointing that out to me...
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    You know, this photo isn't very sharp.... rolleyes1.gif

Laughing.gif! Seriously, I think reducing the grain a *tad* might be nice. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE grainy photos and probably have too many of them, but some of the grain is a tiny bit distracting. There's also something red on the microphone that I suspect is from scanning.

But all that said, I love this shot! I love the gritty feel - I can almost hear her voice - and the man in the background. Gorgeous capture!
    edited November 28, 2007

Laughing.gif! Seriously, I think reducing the grain a *tad* might be nice. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE grainy photos and probably have too many of them, but some of the grain is a tiny bit distracting. There's also something red on the microphone that I suspect is from scanning.

But all that said, I love this shot! I love the gritty feel - I can almost hear her voice - and the man in the background. Gorgeous capture!
    I said the sharp thing for a friend of mine who has never shot film just digital was giving me a hard time. I will go back and re-scan the image and do the Noise Reduction today and see what I come up with next time. I will get the hang of photoshop eventually... Thanks for the comments...
    edited November 28, 2007

SHEILA2.jpg I think this looks better. Thanks again for the help....
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Awesome!! clap.gif I really like your rescan of it! I love grain, but when it becomes overpowering, it takes away from the photo.... And it doesn't anymore! Nicely done!