LPS 17...your suggestions please.

davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
edited December 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
226309874-M.jpg

226312019-M.jpg

or maybe #3
226312059-M.jpg

Your opinions will lead to the ultimate submission for me.

Many Thanks,
David

Comments

• kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Awesome!!!! Your submission is awesome! clap.gif
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Awesome!!!! Your submission is awesome! clap.gif

Thank you very much. So, which one is your favorite?
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    hmmm between 1 and 2 - 1 for growth and 2 for decay! then even 3 works as both themes in my mind. Nope, looking again and I like 1 the best. Great idea!
  • AequitasAequitas Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    So help me here... are we talking about different shades of grey here? eek7.gif
    Because I always forget it in my posts www.jwolfordphotography.com (Out of commission till I get a job at my new campus and renew my subscription)
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Ok I'm dying here, and I guess your making a "statement"...:D :D:D

I saw your entry "Middle Ground" and thought it was middle between White and Black...Hmmm but is it growth or is it decay...

I would say it could be considererd either if you gave it a "gradient" feel...going from whitest to gray to blackest....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D:D:D

I hope my thoughts helped you to decide...lol lol lol

PS: Any chances of a "reshoot" happening for you ????
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    I believe you forgot to link your EXIF data on your entry post... These are photos aren't they? pictures of grey cards and a white sheet of paper, right?

I also think adding a gradient would better fit the theme...
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    David, David, David!!!
    You rascally rabbit!! :D I just sent a pm before I saw this thread.....did not want to embarrass you by telling everyone your photo did not show up!

Now, color me red....mwink.gif after reading this......if nothing else you brought humor to the entry!!!!!! clap.gif

Maureen
  • OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Did you PP in photoshop, or did you use another program? I was wondering how you got all of the noise out of #1 without sacrificing image quality. BTW #1 is the definite one!
    Ozone
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Ozone wrote:
    Did you PP in photoshop, or did you use another program? I was wondering how you got all of the noise out of #1 without sacrificing image quality. BTW #1 is the definite one!

Guassian blur is useful here. Resizing a pixel from an image is useful in this case.

I am actually taken with the idea of making it a gradient. This would actually require reshooting as simply dumping a gradient across a picture doesn't seem right to me.

I've updated the image and added with EXIF data. This change is very mild.

Concerning thew cropping...I wasn't sure if I wanted it landscape or portrait so I decided upon square. I think that works best especially for a pixel.

Thanks to all for the feedback.clap.gifclapclap.gif