LPS 17 They say it's your birthday....

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited December 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
We're gonna have a good time

226355985-L.jpg

Kelly celebrated her 6th today, definitely has had some growth and also some decay. Thoughts appreciated...

Joe

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Ok, that was good for a giggle. Nice shot. I like the light. the hat and the ballons in the background; they tell the story well. The only compaint I have is that her, um, er, rump gets lost in the black background. An extra strategically placed balloon or two would help give you better foreground (hindquarter?)separation.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Joe
    Fun shot of the pup.....keep shooting...competition is strong.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    What a cute shot Joe. I might say it would have more impact if the balloons showed the "happy birthday" logo, would be even cuter with a little cupcake with a number birthday candle...Now if you could get the dog to blow out the candle..now that would be Fabulous..Laughing.gif:D
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    What a cute shot Joe. I might say it would have more impact if the balloons showed the "happy birthday" logo, would be even cuter with a little cupcake with a number birthday candle...Now if you could get the dog to blow out the candle..now that would be Fabulous..Laughing.gif:D

15524779-Ti.gif

Oh you can take this way over the top. Maybe also add a couple small, opened packages with wrapping paper strewn about. And some streamers. Title it "Great, Another Bone". I don't know about the competition but the image made my day....
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    confetti falling
    Aaron Nelson
  • HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Cute pic but....
    I see nothing that says growth or decay. I can only assume you mean growth as in a year older. Either way, it is a very cute picture, but I would have to say with the level of competition in the last couple rounds...you might want to venture outside of your house for a shot. Just my opinion of course.

Jon
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    So cute! I love the "I'm a pretty, pretty princess" detail of the hat. :D I think you could take any of the suggestions above to push the concept up a notch. thumb.gif
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Hey Everybody thanks for the replies. One thing I have realized and many of you are correct is that the level of competition has gotten better and indeed it will take an intense image to win, not a cute one. But with that being said the preliminaries are not to be won, they are qualifying rounds and to be honest it really doesn't matter if it's 1st or 10th the goal is to qualify for the semifinals. So CUTE could be something that qualifies. As for the ideas

we wanted to try to get her to blow out the candles but they wouldn't light

226235567-L.jpg

Ever try and put a ha on a dog who just didn't want to play

227006392-M.jpg

Are you kidding me?

227006445-M.jpg

Big brother and little sis

226235555-M.jpg

A new toy

226235530-M.jpg

And then we have attack of the Tin Man's Shadow

226235533-M.jpg

As with most of m entries the one I start with is not what I end up with. I have already moved on although the thought of cute is still sticking in my head. Balloons, confetti, stramers, it could be fun. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Oh and if getting older isn't considred growth, I must be barking up the wrong tree rolleyes1.gif

Joe
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I defiately think you're onto something with the birthday theme thumb.gif . And, I think that there will be fewer "Growth" images than those representing "Decay". Its harder for me to come up with good ideas for Growth. Of the second batch, I like the first best.
  • HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    lol...
    The one with the dog not digging the hat is priceless....love it.