Ch 34 Winter Abandoned Glory

mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited March 11, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sometimes smuggled viewers. Not many left.

Raw
File size: 4,616KB
Camera Model: Canon EOS 20D
Owner: Mel Lammers
Date/Time: 2005:03:10 12:05:41
Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Exposure mode: Av
Metering mode: Evaluative
ISO: 800

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    What! No Snow?
    I'm surprised that you don't have any snow in Dayton. Lucky you. Maybe spring is on the way. The photo is interesting, but, IMHO, way too busy for the minimalist challenge and at the same time lacking in drama. Also, there is no focal point of interest to draw the viewer in.( although I do like the effect of concentric semi-circles. Of course, this is the way nature appears at this time of year. Unfocused! Everything is still hibernating and the promise of spring in all in the mind. Although, conceptually, I get the minimalist hook, I think it is perhaps too subtle for the challenge.

Email
  • mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Think "Abandoned Drive In Theater"
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I'm surprised that you don't have any snow in Dayton. Lucky you. Maybe spring is on the way. The photo is interesting, but, IMHO, way too busy for the minimalist challenge and at the same time lacking in drama. Also, there is no focal point of interest to draw the viewer in.( although I do like the effect of concentric semi-circles. Of course, this is the way nature appears at this time of year. Unfocused! Everything is still hibernating and the promise of spring in all in the mind. Although, conceptually, I get the minimalist hook, I think it is perhaps too subtle for the challenge.
    Yeah, I get the too subtle point. I am looking for another idea1drink.gif