Options

Car pictures compilation *lots of pics*

STi-JDMSTi-JDM Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited November 29, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Hi guys,

This is my first post here so might as well introduce myself :)

Name is Will, been into photography for a while, but just got a chance to own decent camera gear early this year (D80 w/ 17-55, I was using 3.3MP Nikon Coolpix before). I still have lots of stuff to learn, so please bear with me.

I am a car guy, so most of my pics are around cars, and luckily my teammates are pretty nice to let me practice taking pics with their cars. Here's some pics compilation from me :) Please pick which pics you like best and why. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

P.S. for more pics, please give my gallery a visit ;)http://speedarchitech.smugmug.com/

Cheers,
Will

Let's start with my car :

1.2005 Subaru STi

1154974966-L.jpg

2154974989-L.jpg

2. 98' 240SX

3201687945-L.jpg

3. 89' Skyline GT-R

4154969490-L.jpg

5161781644-L.jpg

6161781706-L-1.jpg

4. 89' Skyline GT-R

7161536450-L.jpg

8161536510-L.jpg

5. 91' Toyota Soarer

9154965536-L.jpg

10154965743-L.jpg

11226187018-L.jpg

12226187065-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November 28, 2007
    More!

13226186573-L.jpg

14226186281-L.jpg

15226188314-L.jpg

16226187868-L.jpg

6. 94' Toyota Supra

17188440967-L.jpg

18188440776-L.jpg

19200366930-L.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    STi-JDM wrote:
    Hi guys,

This is my first post here so might as well introduce myself :)

Name is Will, been into photography for a while, but just got a chance to own decent camera gear early this year (D80 w/ 17-55). I still have lots of stuff to learn, so please bear with me.

I am a car guy, so most of my pics are around cars, and luckily my teammates are pretty nice to let me practice taking pics with their cars. Here's some pics compilation from me :) Please pick which pics you like best and why. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

P.S. for more pics, please give my gallery a visit ;)http://speedarchitech.smugmug.com/

Cheers,
    Will

Let's start with my car :

1.2005 Subaru STi

2. 98' 240SX
    3. 89' Skyline GT-R
    4. 89' Skyline GT-R

5. 91' Toyota Soarer

Ohhhhhhh I found the end rolleyes1.gif 19 images, that's some post.
    Firstly let me welcome you to Dgrin :D

It's perfectly clear that you love photographing cars nod.gif

Personally I look at cars as an necessary part of every life,
    but a total waste of money, most men don't think like that,
    but gosh a lot of us women sure do.

I love the Red Car, and the Blue car in the very bottom of all your images.

You've taken some of these shots at great angles.
    Cars come in the such awesome colours these days,
    that White just looks dull and boaring.

Thanks for sharing your love for cars,
    Enjoy the Forum and keep posting thumb.gif ......... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    A very good first post! thumb.gif

The first shot could be a real winner except you missed the light. If you would have pulled the car forward so it was in the light instead of the shade it would have made it much better.

I really like the 3rd and 5th shots. You moving pans are good and the you have the typical magazine angles down.

I look forward to seeing some more shots- now that there is more of us into cars, bikes, and aircraft maybe we can get our own category like the macro gods got. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Not bad! Can I suggest you number each photo, so that it is easier to talk about "number 7", for example?

I really like the first one, but the car itself is a bit dark. The photo seems exposed for the background, not for the car. Either adjust this, or add light to the car with a flash (preferrably off to the side) when you take the picture. Another shot of that car, to my tastes, was taken too low. Get the camera up just a bit.

Number "3 a", as I'll call it, to me has a poor composition. We can't see the entire front of the car and the crop you've given doesn't seem to be "strong". And the boat in the top-left background is a bit distracting. In 3b I like the concept but the slightly tilted boat rail in the background distracts me. Easily solved when taking the photo in the first place. And for 3c, I like the idea, but to me the car should be swooping into the photo, not out of the bottom-right corner like it is -- turn the car around.

Shots 5 c and d are nice.

In the "more" post, shot 1 is really cool, 2 does nothing for me, and 6, well, what can we say about number 6? :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhhhhhh I found the end rolleyes1.gif 19 images, that's some post.
    Firstly let me welcome you to Dgrin :D

It's perfectly clear that you love photographing cars nod.gif

Personally I look at cars as an necessary part of every life,
    but a total waste of money, most men don't think like that,
    but gosh a lot of us women sure do.

I love the Red Car, and the Blue car in the very bottom of all your images.

You've taken some of these shots at great angles.
    Cars come in the such awesome colours these days,
    that White just looks dull and boaring.

Thanks for sharing your love for cars,
    Enjoy the Forum and keep posting thumb.gif ......... Skippy :D

Thank you for the reply :) I do love cars! yeah, it does cost a lot of money, but most women also spent thehir money on bags and shoes *well, I spent a lot on shoes too lol* ;)
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    A very good first post! thumb.gif

The first shot could be a real winner except you missed the light. If you would have pulled the car forward so it was in the light instead of the shade it would have made it much better.

I really like the 3rd and 5th shots. You moving pans are good and the you have the typical magazine angles down.

I look forward to seeing some more shots- now that there is more of us into cars, bikes, and aircraft maybe we can get our own category like the macro gods got. deal.gif

Thank you for the comments! the pictures of my car were taken about a week after I got my D80. That would be great if there's a category just for vehicles!
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    mercphoto wrote:
    Not bad! Can I suggest you number each photo, so that it is easier to talk about "number 7", for example?

I really like the first one, but the car itself is a bit dark. The photo seems exposed for the background, not for the car. Either adjust this, or add light to the car with a flash (preferrably off to the side) when you take the picture. Another shot of that car, to my tastes, was taken too low. Get the camera up just a bit.

Number "3 a", as I'll call it, to me has a poor composition. We can't see the entire front of the car and the crop you've given doesn't seem to be "strong". And the boat in the top-left background is a bit distracting. In 3b I like the concept but the slightly tilted boat rail in the background distracts me. Easily solved when taking the photo in the first place. And for 3c, I like the idea, but to me the car should be swooping into the photo, not out of the bottom-right corner like it is -- turn the car around.

Shots 5 c and d are nice.

In the "more" post, shot 1 is really cool, 2 does nothing for me, and 6, well, what can we say about number 6? :)

edited the post with numbers next to the pics :) thanks for all the suggestions and comments! The reason why sometimes there's weird pics of the car is because I like to take pics of a car and make an album for the customer/friend, so it's kinda complete the package *like pics 3a and 2nd pics on "more" post*

Cheers