What you leave behind.

TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
edited November 28, 2007 in Landscapes
its always nice to find a cool location right around the corner. This is right behind my office in San Francisco - I'm pretty sure its a staging area for breaking down old concrete structures from retired onramps from the bay bridge. The key thing here was the rebar which had been "liberated" from the old concrete, and then crushed into huge balls - they looked like huge birds nests, made from twisted 1" thick steel instead of twigs. Of course, there were a few other cool details as well.

C&C welcomed.

226499360-M-1.jpg
Sprawl.

226499748-M-1.jpg
Skewered.

226500870-M-1.jpg
Serpents.

226497675-L-1.jpg
What you leave behind.

226498776-L-1.jpg
These hallowed halls.

226502034-L-1.jpg
Dreaming of softer beds.

Thanks for looking!
http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Comments

• zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Great set. I love "These hallowed halls" ... as much for the title as the photo. "Serpents" is a nice shot as well.

The only critique I have is everything seems a bit cool, maybe a bit of a blueish cast to it? Could be my monitor, but this is in comparison to other photos on the same screen ne_nau.gif

Thanks for sharing!
    Travis
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    zweiblumen wrote:
    Great set. I love "These hallowed halls" ... as much for the title as the photo. "Serpents" is a nice shot as well.

The only critique I have is everything seems a bit cool, maybe a bit of a blueish cast to it? Could be my monitor, but this is in comparison to other photos on the same screen ne_nau.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Zweiblumen.

As for the color temps, I'm a bit clueless. My Calibration hardware is just a Huey, not exactly the best money can buy, but usually it saves me from the egregious faults. If I'm remembering correctly, ACR reported my shots at 5600k, which is pretty reasonable for a late sunny afternoon. I am seeing some blue cast in the shadow areas - perhaps the culprit of ambient light being bounced off of lots of building windows before hitting my sensor. Are you sing the blue cast in the sunkit areas as well?
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    226499748-M-1.jpg

I like "sprawl". Not positive why. Maybe the lines on the rebar and concrete. Maybe the lines of the rebar and concrete. The combination of both? Or possibly the balance works for me. I am partial to olden, broken, structures, and though not olden, thanks for sharing this series.
    Growing with Dgrin