Options

Soft Proofing in Lightroom . . .

KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
edited November 30, 2007 in Finishing School
doesn't seem to exist. I'm a recent convert from Aperture and have searched high and low and can't find any semblance of it, especially not in the Develpo module where it matters the most. Do you really have to move every image to PS just to do soft proofing? (Sorry if I am REALLY missing something obvious!)

Comments

• Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    KED wrote:
    doesn't seem to exist. I'm a recent convert from Aperture and have searched high and low and can't find any semblance of it, especially not in the Develpo module where it matters the most. Do you really have to move every image to PS just to do soft proofing? (Sorry if I am REALLY missing something obvious!)

Right. Known limitation, and something Adobe is aware of.

I don't soft proof but in LR the prints I make come out pretty much exactly like I see on screen when I use the right profile to print.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    CatOne wrote:
    Right. Known limitation, and something Adobe is aware of.

I don't soft proof but in LR the prints I make come out pretty much exactly like I see on screen when I use the right profile to print.
    Thanks -- I saw a post from you on the Adobe forums on this exact subject today. It's an incredible omission for a package that is designed to facilitate printing, and a huge drag for me because I don't print locally (I do through Smugmug in fact) and never figured that I'd have to do the LR/CS3 two-step on every single keeper. Oh well, soft proofing didn't work so well in Aperture anyway.
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    KED wrote:
    Thanks -- I saw a post from you on the Adobe forums on this exact subject today. It's an incredible omission for a package that is designed to facilitate printing, and a huge drag for me because I don't print locally (I do through Smugmug in fact) and never figured that I'd have to do the LR/CS3 two-step on every single keeper. Oh well, soft proofing didn't work so well in Aperture anyway.

Yeah, my prints from Aperture came out as dark, regardless of any soft proofing functionality. Even without soft proofing, my local prints in LR are a lot better.

You are in a bit of a pickle if you send out prints. You can try using their profile and ordering some prints and seeing what you get, but you wouldn't want to order 500 prints on your FIRST order :-)
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2007
    CatOne wrote:
    Yeah, my prints from Aperture came out as dark, regardless of any soft proofing functionality.
    Dark has been my exact issue. It's sort of a relief to know that it's not just me.