SOLD: 400 5.6L incl warranty

cp-Mikecp-Mike Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 2, 2007 in House of Canon
SOLD is my EF 400mm f/5.6L USM lens. Included in the sale are the original box & packing materials, front and rear caps, lens pouch, Canon USA Warranty card, original sales receipt, and instruction booklet. See picture below: (receipt not pictured)

400stuff.jpg

The lens has a UV date code. The warranty is good until June 8, 2008. It's in pristine condition...no scratches or marks of any kind on the front or rear elements, the body, or the integrated lens hood. I'm selling it because since I bought the 300 2.8, I haven't even pulled this lens out of my Pelican case. It's excellent for walkaround wildlife photography and is super wield-y for birds-in-flight.

Here's some samples taken with the lens. 50% crop then resized in Photoshop using normal bicubic resampling, no sharpening other than ACR default. Exif is intact if you care.

400sample.jpg

400sample2.jpg

Asking price is $900 including shipping to continental US. Buyer pays insurance fees (if desired) and PayPal fees (if applicable).

Comments

• cp-Mikecp-Mike Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2007
    bump for lowered price
  • RayManganRayMangan Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    hmm... I'm thinking about selling my 100-400 and getting one of these.

How's the sharpness of this thing? Care to post a 100% crop?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    RayMangan wrote:
    hmm... I'm thinking about selling my 100-400 and getting one of these.

How's the sharpness of this thing? Care to post a 100% crop?

I have this lens...not only is it razor sharp but it has a very fast focus indeed. You will love it.

I love mine !
  • cp-Mikecp-Mike Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 2, 2007
    Lens is now sold. Thanks for your interest.