Options

Suggestions for Photoshop books about artsy stuff

ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in Finishing School
Does anyone know of any good Art photography or Artsy Photoshop books? I was wondering if there are any out there that teach things like how to manipulate a photo with all the filters and stuff.

I'm not looking for one that teaches how to cut and paste into weird abstract acid trip type pictures. Just how to use blurs and other filters to play with lights and stuff.

Or books on how to do lighting and techniques for spicing up photos.

Thanks.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici

Comments

• Options
    aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Does anyone know of any good Art photography or Artsy Photoshop books? I was wondering if there are any out there that teach things like how to manipulate a photo with all the filters and stuff.

I'm not looking for one that teaches how to cut and paste into weird abstract acid trip type pictures. Just how to use blurs and other filters to play with lights and stuff.

Or books on how to do lighting and techniques for spicing up photos.

Thanks.

Photoshop Masking & Compositing by Katrin Eismann.

This book has a wealth of knowledge on the technique.

Good luck!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 29, 2007
    Christmas is comingthumb.gif

Ask your dad what he might suggest.......lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I learn better by practice and less through book so my experience is limited, but this one was recommended to me and I find it very juicy in the ways of filters and lighting... actually the whole creative process. The results do not look fake, either (unless you want them to). From what I read in your OP it sounds something like what you're asking for: spicing up photos in Photoshop. Perhaps it's worth a look?
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Christmas is comingthumb.gif

Ask your dad what he might suggest.......lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
    I already told my dad what I wanted. My requests were of the glass persuasion, not cellulose rolleyes1.gif

But you may be on to something here. Suggest more, get more. Especially since my birthday is 11 days before Christmas. thumb.gif

I learn better by practice and less through book so my experience is limited

Very true, but the thing is, I don't even know any correct techniques. And I would hate to teach myself BAD technique, because I thought it was good. You can build a house as crazy as you like, but the foundation still has to be based on proper construction :D
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Very true, but the thing is, I don't even know any correct techniques. And I would hate to teach myself BAD technique, because I thought it was good. You can build a house as crazy as you like, but the foundation still has to be based on proper construction :D
    You gonna come to a shootout or a workshop anytime? I dunno if that'd be cool or weird for you! lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    You gonna come to a shootout or a workshop anytime? I dunno if that'd be cool or weird for you! lol3.gif
    I want to, but I need to get fundage. And as you can tell, I've already tapped my primary resource rolleyes1.gif