Change catagory names - lowercase to uppercase?

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
All of my categories names are lower case. i.e. gear, about, etc. Now I want to just capitalize the first letter (like I should of done 1st time around :scratch) But in the CP it says you cannot have duplicate categories....which this is not. How can I change my 'g's to G's?

Could I rename the gallery to something like gear_1 then rename it again to Gear to get around this?

Hopefully in doing so, I don't 'break' all of my CSS/HTML code...but the name isn't really changing, so....
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    net1994 wrote:
    All of my categories names are lower case. i.e. gear, about, etc. Now I want to just capitalize the first letter (like I should of done 1st time around headscratch.gif) But in the CP it says you cannot have duplicate categories....which this is not. How can I change my 'g's to G's?

Could I rename the gallery to something like gear_1 then rename it again to Gear to get around this?

Hopefully in doing so, I don't 'break' all of my CSS/HTML code...but the name isn't really changing, so....
    You can only rename ones that you have created and not any of the default
    ones. But in your case it sounds like you could do the gear to gearx and then
    gearx to Gear.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog