trying to decide if any of these work for LPS17...

entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited November 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just trying to think of ways to express this theme ...

226905498-M.jpg

226914681-M.jpg

226962986-M.jpg

Somehow, I'm thinking that I need to go shoot some more, just not sure which direction to go in... :scratch

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    i like the 2nd one a lot, very nice colors and DOF. I like the theme interpretation too.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I also really like the second one. thumb.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    The shot of the seed pods is pretty cool.

The rust of three, of course, is great for theme, and you gotta love that fish...I would love to have him on my front porch greeting guests. There is just something about seeing that it is hanging, but not actually seeing it hanging. Maybe a bit incomplete.

I enjoy pictures of 'rusty' things, oxidation shots, and expect to see quite a few in this round. Watch for the rusty barbed wire, and broken down fence shots. :D
    Growing with Dgrin

• entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    The shot of the seed pods is pretty cool.

The rust of three, of course, is great for theme, and you gotta love that fish...I would love to have him on my front porch greeting guests. There is just something about seeing that it is hanging, but not actually seeing it hanging. Maybe a bit incomplete.

I enjoy pictures of 'rusty' things, oxidation shots, and expect to see quite a few in this round. Watch for the rusty barbed wire, and broken down fence shots. :D

The fish greets people who walk into my garden :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    i give you a thumb.gif on #3.
    Aaron Nelson
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    The images are good...I think I like the fish the best. You get the rust and a bit of irredecent color. Very nice. Is it possible to put the copyright stamp in a different location in the photo? Right in the middle detracts from the image. IMHO...Dizzy
  • mtmillzmtmillz Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I like the first one the best. The youth of the girl and the kitten seem to contradict the decay of the earth around her, yet we can see that she is aging and chipping herself. I like the square crop. I would consider moving the sticks and brush off of the statue and out from infront of it to strengthen its prominents in the frame and reduce destractions. This is my first ever post on this website, so take my comments with a grain of salt and good luck :D
  • mwaltersmwalters Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I like #3 the best as a subject but the image itself doesn't excite me. Have you tried a few different approaches - getting in really close to the head/eye area. Don't forget that Shay highlighted 'artsy', so it would be interesting to see a more abstract vision.

That's my 2p from the UK!

Matthew
  • entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    mwalters wrote:
    I like #3 the best as a subject but the image itself doesn't excite me. Have you tried a few different approaches - getting in really close to the head/eye area. Don't forget that Shay highlighted 'artsy', so it would be interesting to see a more abstract vision.

That's my 2p from the UK!

Matthew

Now that I look at it more, I think I agree with you on that ... gonna go outside in the cold and try a couple more shots before I have to get ready for the full time job.