LPS17 - Two Very Different Ideas

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited December 1, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I actually shot three very different ideas today, but after processing I preferred these two most. Except I'm again torn, because they are--per my usual MO--very different concepts. Do you folks have any preference? Or am I off the mark here? :dunno

1 - Fractured
226924355-L.jpg

2 - Uprooted (Still not sure about this title...)
226924323-L.jpg

Edit:
Adding versions of "Fractured" with the eyes open and deeper cracks. Any one of these more particularly striking than the others? :dunno

1__________________________________________________2
227228654-400x400.jpg227228714-400x400.jpg
227228786-400x400.jpg227228828-400x400.jpg
3__________________________________________________4

Comments

• indulgentsoulindulgentsoul Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I actually shot three very different ideas today, but after processing I preferred these two most. Except I'm again torn, because they are--per my usual MO--very different concepts. Do you folks have any preference? Or am I off the mark here? ne_nau.gif

Nice pics ..though this what I would have preffered...

1. I would have had the eyes open
    2. I would like to see some colour over there...ur story is incomplete until you show a colour on that tube....u get my point

though I am not too much of a photographer but I am talking from a "picture speaks a 1000 words perspective"

Nick
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Nice images, I agree I would love to see the eyes in number 1, and more definition in the decay of the face, and number 2 has already been done (previous round) and they are almost similar
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Fractured,
    i understand it (i think) looks good

uprooted? im not sure i get it, is it saying anticipation?headscratch.gif good or bad?
    Aaron Nelson
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I really like the first one and do agree about the opened eye, and if you got an awesome version of it, could well possibly be a contender - with over a week to go and not many entries as yet - hard to tell.

From me though, not much help as usual - but the opened eye and frozen face is a pretty generalised shot, done a lot in stock photography, whilst I agree, it could help you to qualify - I looked at it and thought her whole eye should look just as frozen - the eyelid isn't as thick with the treatment.

Yet again, I have never qualified and never will - so less than 0.02 cents without sales tax :D

apart from that - awesome images, outside of competition and I really like number two, for its image value too clap.giflust
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Nice pics ..though this what I would have preffered...

1. I would have had the eyes open
    2. I would like to see some colour over there...ur story is incomplete until you show a colour on that tube....u get my point

Thanks, Nick! I appreciate the feedback.
    Tentacion wrote:
    Nice images, I agree I would love to see the eyes in number 1, and more definition in the decay of the face, and number 2 has already been done (previous round) and they are almost similar.

Looks like the eyes have it for the first one. :D And I wasn't aware about the second concept being done before (was before I began participating, looks like), so thank you for letting me know.
    Fractured,
    i understand it (i think) looks good

uprooted? im not sure i get it, is it saying anticipation?headscratch.gif good or bad?

Thank you. The second one focuses on the "growth" part of the theme--the good or bad is up to the viewer (though I know my take on it). :D
    kp-pix wrote:
    I really like the first one and do agree about the opened eye, and if you got an awesome version of it, could well possibly be a contender - with over a week to go and not many entries as yet - hard to tell.

From me though, not much help as usual - but the opened eye and frozen face is a pretty generalised shot, done a lot in stock photography, whilst I agree, it could help you to qualify - I looked at it and thought her whole eye should look just as frozen - the eyelid isn't as thick with the treatment.

Thank you. I'll toy around with this one to see if I can't get something a bit more striking. I was a bit hesitant to spread flour paste all over my eye, though. That could sting. :D
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    yeah ow! eek7.gif sorry
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Thank you. I'll toy around with this one to see if I can't get something a bit more striking. I was a bit hesitant to spread flour paste all over my eye, though. That could sting. :D

Man!!! Great job thinking creatively and going for it. I like number 1. I think it has great potential. Good luck!
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    I prefer #1 - and it's especially cool because the crackle wasn't added in photoshop (although that can be cool too). Great idea.
    edited November 30, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    Man!!! Great job thinking creatively and going for it. I like number 1. I think it has great potential. Good luck!

Thank you! Hopefully I'll fulfill that potential. :D
    I prefer #1 - and it's especially cool because the crackle wasn't added in photoshop (although that can be cool too). Great idea.

Thank you. iloveyou.gif Though I have to admit, flour paste dries out the skin like crazy, especially in this cold weather. And it is a pain to wash off...and get out of long hair. mwink.gif

But I did it all again today! First post updated with new versions of "Fractured."
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    The texture in the fractured series gives me the willies. But that's just me and has nothing to do with the photo itself.

Uprooted is OK, but it doesn't have the impact of Fractured. Of that series #3, the one with the eye open widest, appeals to me to the most. I can't explain why that is, though. ne_nau.gif

Have you tried a version where you just colored in the iris in one of these photos?
    edited December 1, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Have you tried a version where you just colored in the iris in one of these photos?

Laughing.gif! Actually, yes, I did! :D I tried that last night, with a slight blue tint, but it actually detracted from the photo in my opinion. Instead I applied a slight blue tint to the entire photograph (in the entry thread), due to a previous comment about the face looking frozen.

I'm still tweaking away, so I may come back to that selective coloring. And thank you for sharing your opinion. iloveyou.gif Trying to emote with one eye can be quite a lot of fun. mwink.gif