HTML in gallery description?

Alex SouvorovAlex Souvorov Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi folks!
I'm new to smugmug and I'm trying to figure out how things work.

I tried to put some links into the gallery description. Looking into the resulting code I see that the system double wraps the href HTML tags. For example the line that contains a normal HTML link results in what you can see here .

Is there any way to turn off this "smart" behavior and make the system use old plain HTML?

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Hi folks!

I tried to put some links into the gallery description. Looking into the resulting code I see that the system double wraps the href HTML tags. For example the line that contains a normal HTML link results in what you can see here .

Is there any way to turn off this "smart" behavior and make the system use old plain HTML?

Thanks,
    Alex

Wrap your own HTML in the description with <*html> and <*/html> (without the asterisks which are here so dgrin will not interpret them as HTML tags). That tells Smugmug not to be smart and to leave your HTML as is. If the first thing in the description is the <*html> tag, Smugmug will just pass the description through into your page as HTML. You will then be responsible for everything including line breaks, links, etc...
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    Hi folks!

Thanks,
    Alex
    Try this

<html>
    <i><b>Susanna</b></i>: <a href="http://www.belcantanti.com/staff/index.htm#megan">Meghan McCall</a>
    </html>
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Alex SouvorovAlex Souvorov Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2007
    Thanks jjfriend and Allen! It works!

Alex