Rose in winter

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited December 4, 2007 in Holy Macro
Here are 2 from Rose Garden. Trying to learn Raw :huh and link to special Raw tut or information will be helpful :D
227427234-XL.jpg

Reversed 50mm on 400d

227426361-XL.jpg

Both are different types of Roses
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    Good shots Awais - Love the light in #1 but not sure the ant adds to the shot.

I have a very simplistic use of RAW - I mainly adjust exposure if necessary and sometimes the colour temp in flash shots. Very rarely play with anything else - I use the default noise reduction and put the default sharpening up a bit.

Brian V.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    Lovely roses, Awais. What software are you using? I've just switched to PSCS3, from PSP, and have found Scott Kelby's book to be really useful for explaining the 'simple' things. PS ARC is so powerful, you can do almost all of your adjustments wth it, and only resort to PS for finishing touches. Really great. When I had PSP, I used Raw Shooter Essentials for raw conversions, good, but not as powerful.

ann
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    Here are 2 from Rose Garden. Trying to learn Raw eek7.gif and link to special Raw tut or information will be helpful :D

Reversed 50mm on 400d
    Both are different types of Roses

Hi Awais, I struggled with RAW for a long time, and sometimes I still do.
    I had no idea how to use the eye dropper or the white balance,
    I just fiddled with this and that rolleyes1.gif

I like Scott Kelby's books too, but I have only ever brought 2 of his books, and that was quite some time after I was already doing RAW.

Hope someone can lead you to a great book to help you with your learning Awais........lovely Roses clap.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    :D Thanks all.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    I love your first shot with the ant. It looks so perfect sitting in there. The ant draws the background color into the flower. At least for me :D

Dogdots/Mary
  • riz_satriz_sat Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    wow beautiful work awais great job
    :D first shot
    >>iloveyou.gif
    edited December 3, 2007
    Thanks Mary and Riz
    :ginger

My Gallery
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    AWAIS FANTASTIC SHOTAS AS ALWAYS .

Great Book or so I have heard.....
    "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby can be purchased from any good bookstore or amazon or (my preference if ordering) Book Pool
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• KevinKevin Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Hello there Awais!!! :D

I really like your roses very much.
    I still need to get a rose shot that I am happy with :(

Thanks for posting these.
    Kevin.
    the Photo Muse: http://the-photo-muse.blogspot.com
    edited December 4, 2007
    Thanks Kevin and Art :D

My Gallery
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Hello Awais...

Lovely rose shots...i love the colors in the first one...I am also trying to get to grips with shooting raw and so far am happy with the results...I dont do a lot in Photoshop RAW about as much as Brian... do more in Photoshop if i need to....so much to learn with a DSLR camera but fun!!!

Patricia........:D
    edited December 4, 2007
    Hello Awais...

Lovely rose shots...i love the colors in the first one...I am also trying to get to grips with shooting raw and so far am happy with the results...I dont do a lot in Photoshop RAW about as much as Brian... do more in Photoshop if i need to....so much to learn with a DSLR camera but fun!!!

Patricia........:D

Thanks Patrica huge plans after exams

My Gallery