On a mission...

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited December 30, 2007 in Landscapes
227477480-L.jpg

In San Juan de Bautista. One down on my 15 to visit California's Missions.
More pics on my blog...

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I like this photo as well - any photo with repeating architectural columns is a winner to me. What effect did you apply to this photo?

I might have shot this from a slightly lower angle and more off center - but I do like what you have done with it. Older churches really are photographic gold at times.

I had a look at your blog - very nice stuff out there....but so much. thumb.gif
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    I like this photo as well - any photo with repeating architectural columns is a winner to me. What effect did you apply to this photo?

I might have shot this from a slightly lower angle and more off center - but I do like what you have done with it. Older churches really are photographic gold at times.

I had a look at your blog - very nice stuff out there....but so much. thumb.gif

Good point, grin, I am a bulk shooter and a bulk scribbler. I need a life...
    This photograph was too dark to my liking. So I pulled it open, and got more noise. I forgot if I added noise or not. These were all taken with my camera on exposure -1, default, because I was afraid of blowing the highlights. So my whole trip to California was more or less underexposed. Bad thing!
    I know better now. I will have fiddled with the contrast too, and I am a sucker for presets in the develop module of Lightroom. I get them of Matt Kloskowski his lightroom tips (also on podcast!)
    Your angle sounds a lot better then my quick snapshot. Will keep your hint in mind! Thanks for the comment.
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    No problem - happy to comment. I actually like the effect that was produced in this photo - old architecture and what looks to be an old and weathered photo as well.......not a bad combination at all.

I usually go too far the other way with my photographs - exposing the histogram way to the right and blowing out some highlights. I think that I am now over-compensating for years of not using the histogram and underexposing almost every shot I took! :cry :D

I just got Lightroom so I will have to check out Matt's tips - thanks for that. Have a Happy New Year!
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw