Options

Best LR 1.1 Reference Book

jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
edited December 18, 2007 in Finishing School
I am looking for a decent book to help me transition from CS2 & ACR3 to LR1.1 & ACR4.1. A good LR workflow and update on ACR4.1 functions is specifcally what I am looking for. I have some travel and vacation time over the holidays, so I want to dig into it. The Luminous-Landscape stuff won't work since I will be traveling.

I started playing with LR1.1 right when it came out in June, but didn't want to just plunge in and figure it out if it wasn't a best practice (there's a loaded phrase) and end up with a mess. So I shelved it and continued using Bridge and ACR the same way as I have for the last few years (when all you have is a hammer...).

I worked my way thru ACR 4.1 at a top level, but have been slammed at work since August and not really played with all the new tools (the new curve tool is cool though).

I looked at Kevin Ames book but the reviews have been lukewarm as to an integrated workflow explanation. I have read a couple of Scott Kelby's and Martin Evening's non-LR books, Rob Sheppard's older ACR book, and Bruce Fraser's Real World Camera RAW.

I have been waiting, but it doesn't seem Peachpit Press is going to release either Kelby's or Evening's LR 1.0 books in an updated format anytime soon. And I REALLY hate the idea of downloading PDF updates and figuring out where they fit into the earlier versions, especially considering what I hear about the differences between LR 1.0 and LR1.1 (and updates). :confused

Comments, ideas? Should I just :stfu , stop stomping my feet & holding my breath - suck it up and go for the old 1.0 books??? :bash
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
-Fleetwood Mac

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    I'd get the update to Real World Camera Raw (now with Jeff Schewe). Mine arrived Monday.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    Newere Still
    Lightroom is up to 1.3 now. I am still using the Evening Book for 1.0 and just figuring out the differences.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    arodney wrote:
    I'd get the update to Real World Camera Raw (now with Jeff Schewe). Mine arrived Monday.

Thanks Andrew! I thumbed thru it the other day and will get a copy.

On the Lightroom book, I'm leaving town soon. Still looking for suggestions headscratch.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac