Options

Lensbaby alium

MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited December 4, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Shot in my mother's garden with my lensbaby this summer.
227479835-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    Sweet shot!! What is the learning curve on the lensbaby?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Sweet shot!! What is the learning curve on the lensbaby?

Not very long, they are fun to play with and that's the best way to approach using them. most of your shots will be crap no matter how long you have used one for.

Nice Shot Monica, you don't often see lens baby shots this sharp and clear.
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2007
    jogle wrote:
    Not very long, they are fun to play with and that's the best way to approach using them. most of your shots will be crap no matter how long you have used one for.

Nice Shot Monica, you don't often see lens baby shots this sharp and clear.

It is a 2g baby at the f4 aperture.

Like you said, I take a lot of shots before I get a good one. As long as you have some patience and you are ok if a whole afternoon of shooting is crappy, the Lensbaby will give you a real gem sometimes.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    Moni wrote:
    Shot in my mother's garden with my lensbaby this summer.

I always find with lensbaby shots I keep thinking why is it blurred headscratch.gif
    but it's meant to be... thats the part I can't get my head around.

Sharp in the middle there thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I always find with lensbaby shots I keep thinking why is it blurred headscratch.gif
    but it's meant to be... thats the part I can't get my head around.

Sharp in the middle there thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Just posted some more of my Lensbaby pics and I was thinking about what makes them work. I routinely ignore pics that don't have an interesting area that is in focus. For example, the centre of flowers have to be in focus for me to think it is a good shot. The blurring has to be kept to the outside, supportive areas of the picture.
    I think I just need an in focus area for my eyes to rest otherwise the blurring bugs me.
  • Options
    joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    Moni wrote:
    Just posted some more of my Lensbaby pics and I was thinking about what makes them work. I routinely ignore pics that don't have an interesting area that is in focus. For example, the centre of flowers have to be in focus for me to think it is a good shot. The blurring has to be kept to the outside, supportive areas of the picture.
    I think I just need an in focus area for my eyes to rest otherwise the blurring bugs me.

The great thing about Lens babies and tilt shift lenses (I'm addicted to my 45mm TSE) is that you dont think about what's blury but you think in terms of Selective focus, and you are able to mess with your plane of focus to seperate your subject from the background while at the same time, bringing some of it back into focus to firmly root them back into the location. Here's an example:

166217385-L-3.jpg
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • Options
    patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    I like this shot too Moni...favorites to shoot are flowers....I know what you mean about lucky shots....not all are.......if i have one where i love the background as i do love the blurry colored ones and i havent hit a true sweet spot...but like the composition...I digitally paint it and maybe add the details in a sketchy way or merge shots together.....Its fun and very addictive!!!

Jogle...
    nice shot and good use of the lensbaby...i am not really into people shots but think i will try and see what i can come up with!

Patricia.......:D