Downtown Delhi

SVNSVN Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited December 7, 2007 in Landscapes
took this on my last visit back home to india. Its in central delhi , a view of the circular roads around connaught place. Once can every kind of vehicle in this , all kinds of people,overhead wires, some people sitting on chairs and even a dog!. And the train coming in from afar. Just a snapshot of the general traffic (which by the way still moves) in the city

196891267-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2007
    Hi SVN,

Looks like Delhi is about as busy as I've always heard it is. I would be terrified to drive there because I am so unused to such crowds. :D

Thanks for sharing a view into a far-off (for most of us) land. thumb.gif
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    I'm planning to visit some friends in Delhi next year, followed by moving to Bangalore for my husband's business trip. I've never been to India before. I love the amount of activity in your photo. I'm looking forward to capturing something similar myself!

Keep shooting!
  • SVNSVN Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi SVN,

Looks like Delhi is about as busy as I've always heard it is. I would be terrified to drive there because I am so unused to such crowds. :D

Thanks for sharing a view into a far-off (for most of us) land. thumb.gif

Yeah, driving in india in general is more about anticipation and less about following technique and rules. :) . Amazingly enough, things keep moving.

More shots from my visit back home - http://toutatis.smugmug.com/gallery/3493505