Schermerhorn in Nashville, TN!

JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited December 3, 2007 in Landscapes
OK, here is my first with the Sigma 10-20mm on my D80 as shot except one notch (low) on the sharpening in Nikon Picture Project v1.7 and the resize of course.

Good or bad? :scratch

I'm still learning the D80 and shooting with a wide lens is real new to me. If you don't hold it level and center, it will make everything distort.

Oh, and I know I chopped the building, but I had no choice because I was backed up against a sign. :cry

I even had the tripod as high as it would go and the mount cranked up about 2ft over my head (I'm 6ft-2in) using a remote shutter release to focus and shoot that with. :D

Schermerhorn1_1.JPG
http://www.nashvillesymphony.org/
Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated

Comments

• bsquaredbsquared Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    Technically, I think you nailed it; I'm just not sure about the composition. Unfortunately I'm a still a noob, so I can't give you specific advice about what to do different, all I can say is wear out your mem card and take a ton of pics from different angles, and usually only a few will jump out as THE pics.
  • JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    bsquared wrote:
    Technically, I think you nailed it; I'm just not sure about the composition. Unfortunately I'm a still a noob, so I can't give you specific advice about what to do different, all I can say is wear out your mem card and take a ton of pics from different angles, and usually only a few will jump out as THE pics.

I think what's bothering me about it (the not perfect parts) is that I cut off the building and it leans away at the top.

Like I said, I was backed up against a sign and had the camera over my head. It was hard to get it centered and level that way. I also only had a 15 minute window to setup and shoot. I took 4 shots with the same setup only adjusting the tripod height shot by shot.

Thanks for the input as I'll take any I can get. I want to improve at photography. And not for money, it’s only a hobby for me. I just enjoy capturing things I find pleasing to the eye so I can always look back at those places I've been.
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated