Options

Northwest Photography Retreat

leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
edited December 5, 2007 in Location, Location, Location!
I found This Link while checking out Craigs List today. I'm considering it, and thought other Northwest photographers might find it interesting. $300 for a January weekend on Orcas Island is a great price.

I am in no way affiliated with these folks, and cannot attest to any part of their retreat.
Growing with Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Interesting. I used to live in Lacey and rode the Ferry to Orcas Island probably 2 or 3 dozen times as a youngster. I have only been back twice as an adult with a camera, and that was in the film days. Its a beautiful area.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    Chris & NicholeChris & Nichole Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2007
    the Mindful Eye photography retreat
    Hi fellow photographers! My name is Chris, and I am one of the facilitators for this upcoming retreat that was mentioned here.

The retreat is called "The Mindful Eye," and it will be a 3-day retreat on Orcas Island focused on photography as a way for us to reconnect with the natural world around us, reconnect with our own creative self, and connect with a small group of other people in a reflective space.

We will all stay together for the 3 days in the Retreat House at Doe Bay, Nichole and I will provide all meals and facilitation. Every day there will be time for taking pictures, as well as silent reflection and journal writing, and the chance to print your favorite pictures and share them with a small group. This is not a technical photography course, nor focused on critiquing the artwork itself... it is really meant to be an experience of letting your camera bring you into the present moment and see what emerges.

If this sounds intriguing to you... feel free to visit our website at www.youropeneye.com, or email us at mindfuleye@youropeneye.com, or call us at 360-961-9028 or 360-255-3544. We would love to meet you and share in this deeper level of photography with you!
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Chris and Nichole,

This sounds like the perfect way to beat the Winter Blues on it's own field. I'm intrigued.

It might be a nice way for some northwest Dgrinners to meet up, also.

The Orcas Island Ferry
    214869968-L.jpg
    Growing with Dgrin