Options

My 7-yr old's art photo

Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
edited December 6, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
For Thanksgiving holiday my family and I spent a few days in the Washington state coast area. Just over the bridge is the lovely and historic small city of Astoria, Oregon. In 1927 the citizenry there build a tall stucture with a viewing platform to commemorate Lewis and Clark. This is called the Astoria Column and it is a lot of fun to climb. You get a great view of the surrounding area including the Pacific ocean and the mighty Columbia river.
Anyway, my 7 year-old son took possession of my now-ancient Canon A70 p&s and had a great time doing what I was doing up there. One scene he captured that I did not is illustrated below. I, at least, was impressed. He said that the scene reminded him of a computer video game.

228080075-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    polartownjunkiepolartownjunkie Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    hats off to you, furnishing the future, i dig this photo, its crisp, cultivating
    since the origin of matter is matter
    shiny new thoughts are recycled clatter

down to my cell phone shooter,
    anyone have a decent early SD card digtal for grabs?

a doomed love
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    For Thanksgiving holiday my family and I spent a few days in the Washington state coast area. Just over the bridge is the lovely and historic small city of Astoria, Oregon. In 1927 the citizenry there build a tall stucture with a viewing platform to commemorate Lewis and Clark. This is called the Astoria Column and it is a lot of fun to climb. You get a great view of the surrounding area including the Pacific ocean and the mighty Columbia river.
    Anyway, my 7 year-old son took possession of my now-ancient Canon A70 p&s and had a great time doing what I was doing up there. One scene he captured that I did not is illustrated below. I, at least, was impressed. He said that the scene reminded him of a computer video game.

Hi Miguel, this shot does look similar to a Video Game.
    I think it's wonderful when children discover how to use camera's.
    With todays Digital Camera's there is far less expence because you don't have to develop any film.

Congratulate your Son on a fine Photo clap.gif
    Thanks for sharing .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2007
    Kids & Photography
    Miguel,

That's a great picture! It does look like a video game!

I have two sons, ages 4 & 7. Last year for Christmas I bought each of them their own digital camera. I gave my 4-year old a Fisher-Price from Target. My 7-year was given a 3 MP no-name camera. They've used them a lot in the last year. I always encourage them to pack their cameras wherever they go. It's interesting to see not only how they take photos, but how they document their own life through their pictures. The low-level and blurry shots are okay to them. They remember everything that was happening around them regardless of the photo quality. My 7-year old son is quite an artist. He hates it when it's time to clean his room and has to select what pictures he's drawn to throw out. I've encouraged him to take photos of everything. It's easier to store his photos than save stacks and stacks of Cryaola drawn pictures. mwink.gif I also encourage him to take photos of his Lego and Tinker Toy creations.