Rally of Wales

SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited December 14, 2007 in Sports
Some of the few photos that came out from the final of the WRC championship. It absolutely chucked it down with rain, and was so foggy at points that it was hard to see the cars at all!

They were taken with a Pentax K10 and a Super Takumar 135 lens, which really wasn't fast enough for the dark lighting conditions. I had have the camera on ISO800 in order to get the shutter speed I needed. All good fun!

228197567-M.jpg
228197326-M.jpg
228197587-M.jpg
228197720-M.jpg
228197847-M.jpg
My website
My Smugmug gallery
Pentax K10D
Canon 60D

Comments

• Option1Option1 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Wooo! Good job in what was obviously very tough conditions.

My fav would be the second one - there's something about the background that lifts that image for me.

Neil
    :: Sports: CompetitionImages.com :: Words: Blog :: Nature: www.motifwebs.com ::
  • SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Option1 wrote:
    Wooo! Good job in what was obviously very tough conditions.

My fav would be the second one - there's something about the background that lifts that image for me.

Neil

Thanks Option1.

I'm really gutted though because all my photos of Solberg and Loeb etc are all shrouded in mist. I may post them up regardless as I suppose those were the conditions of the event. There's something to be said for the weather proofing of the K10D though! I don't think I would have even attempted these with any other camera of its price range!
    My website
    My Smugmug gallery
    Pentax K10D
    Canon 60D
  • grassygrassy Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    awesome shots..what lens would you have preferred ?

Ian.
  • SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    I would have preferred some more on the telephoto end for some positions I couldn't get the car in with the lens that i used. Also, importantly, I would have liked to have used a zoom, as the Super Takumar 135 is a prime. Also, the Takumar only goes to f4, so I really could have done with something a lot faster in those lighting conditions.

Though my finances won't allow me to get a nice zoom telephoto at the moment. I could also do with a wide angle.
    My website
    My Smugmug gallery
    Pentax K10D
    Canon 60D
    edited December 14, 2007
    Dumb question...can you get a telephoto w/ wide angle ?

..w shoot sports but are 30 feet away from the action...

Ian.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    nice photos! like the last one!
    Dumb question...can you get a telephoto w/ wide angle ?

sure you can, canon 28-300 L IS for example :D only 2300 euro. or maybe a tamron 18-250? rolleyes1.gif somewhat cheaper.. mwink.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited December 14, 2007
    Just a sec, I'll just slip out and sell one of my children :):):)

Moved up from an ist-ds to a K10D this week, bargain for such a great body...should make our lives a tad easier...

We have a 70~300..I think next lens will be a 50~200 or something like that...eitherway, I want it faster than F4.

I do envy your access to rallying...

Ian.