Photos from first day out with D300

TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited December 29, 2007 in Cameras
I spent my Sunday just walking around Yoyogi Park area in Tokyo and getting to know my new D300. I was surprised how quickly I was able to get good results, but I had to refer to the manual a lot. The photo gallery is here if you're interested.

Mike

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Looking good Mike, congrats on your new camera.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    You got great weather that day!!! I'm envious of the great expressions you captured. Have fun with the new toy :D
  • z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Hmmmmm...
    Japan looks to be way more American than US itself wings.gif

Can you post more ?
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    I love those pics. Some of those people are out there, thats for sure.
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/
  • TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the comments. The tough looking guys are the Tokyo Rockabilly Club. They dance every Sunday at the entrance to Yoyogi Park near Harajuku Station.
  • mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Great to see your photos - your beautiful park is one of my favourite places to visit when I'm in Japan.

Looking forward to seeing more photos with your new toy.

Thanks also for passing on tips for shooting the lanterns :)
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    I see that crazyness reached Japan too.. Great pics. Love the girl with the pinkish-red outfit. Where do they find those clothes?
    It would be interesting to see some of your unprocessed shots, so we see how they come out of the camera.
    I am planning on getting me one when I come to the States in fourteen days.
    Keep shooting!
  • LP16LP16 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    You have some great pictures here. D300 looks great!

And I only wish I could pull off hair like that!thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    You have some very nice photos there. Thanks so much for sharing. I especially like this one...

228225046-M.jpg
  • JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    I love these! Looks like the D300 is a great camera! thumb.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments.

Mike
    photocat wrote:
    I see that crazyness reached Japan too.. Great pics. Love the girl with the pinkish-red outfit. Where do they find those clothes?
    It would be interesting to see some of your unprocessed shots, so we see how they come out of the camera.
    I am planning on getting me one when I come to the States in fourteen days.
    Keep shooting!

Photocat,

The girl in the pink/red outfit is part of a 1950's retro club that has started hanging out with the Tokyo Rockabilly Club (the guys wearing the leather pants/jackets) every Sunday at the entrance to Yoyogi Park. I have no idea where they get their clothes, but the colors sure makes for a great photo opportunity.

That particular shot of the girl in pink/red was processed with Lightroom default settings, so I think you can consider it to be "unprocessed". I think most of the other photos were processed with Lightroom defaults as well.

The D300 is a great camera, and I'm sure you'll love it!

Mike