Options

Noob needs help

Got boost??Got boost?? Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited December 4, 2007 in Technique
ok well i just joined dgrin and it looks like a very good photography website i have been into it for about a year now and just recently purchased a canon rebel xti.. i love the camera but i do not know how to use nearly everything on it... i like to shoot alot of car related things like car shows/rolling shots/ and just regular photo shoots of ppl i know.. i also do outdoor scenery and things like that.. i use the lens that came with the camera and would like to look into getting a better one.. i guess wat im asking out of this is just to get some tips on shooting things like this..

heres some of my photography

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

sry about al the pics thanks for looking

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    hi and welcome!

you have some nice shots there so i'm assuming your not really the n00b you claim to be :D.

First off, be prepared to see this thread moved because your posting in the camerasection which is about technical gadgettalk, not about the photos.

if you are asking about gear to get better shots then the most probable answer is: get a better lens (this really depends on your budget) and maybe a flash.

if this is about the photo's; since you have such a broad interest and set of photos the only thing i can suggest is posting your shots in the designated sections and type "C&C appreciated" under any post! :D

good luck and keep posting, you have some cool shots!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited December 3, 2007
    I moved this because it sounds like the OP is looking for help in their technique.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I moved this because it sounds like the OP is looking for help in their technique.

thanks.. sry about that i am on the tamparacing forum 24/7 and i didnt really no where to post i figured it would get moved. but yea does anyone have any suggestions on lenses?
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
    thanks.. sry about that i am on the tamparacing forum 24/7 and i didnt really no where to post i figured it would get moved. but yea does anyone have any suggestions on lenses?

lol, ziggy is going to have to move it back again.. :D

well in order for the community to answer that question you are going to have to tell a lot about what you shoot, when you shoot it, and most importantly; what your budget is! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
    lol, ziggy is going to have to move it back again.. :D

well in order for the community to answer that question you are going to have to tell a lot about what you shoot, when you shoot it, and most importantly; what your budget is! rolleyes1.gif

budget is kind of tyte and i like to shoot all type of photos like i said alot of daytime car photoshoots/rolling shots and stuff and nature
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2007
    if you want to do everything with not so much, i think the best choice is to buy a 'general walk around lens' like the ones on this website. Not knowing how tight your budget is, but i've heard good things about the tamron 17-50 2.8 and the tamron 28-75 2.8, the sigma 24-70, canon 28-135. i have the 28-105 3.5-4.5 and i liked it a lot, but selling it for a tamron 28-75. all these lenses are between 250-400 dollar/euro. if your budget doesnt reach that far, i would suggest buying a nifty fifty 50mm 1.8 for about 100 dollar or less. it will open a new world for you.

use the search button to look up old advice because this question has been posted a few times before (including by me :D)

good luck! thumb.gif