Most Recent Senior Shoot (a lot of images!!!)

rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
edited December 4, 2007 in People
I had the greatest Senior Shoot the other day, and I just had to share it! This is Caitlin, and she drove almost 2 hours for me to take her pictures, I was beyond honored - it was so exciting! I'd love to know what y'all think about them!!!

stamped50_-3copy.jpg

stamped50_-4copy.jpg

stamped50_-5copy.jpg

stamped50_-6copy.jpg

stamped50_-7copy.jpg

stamped50_-8copy.jpg

stampted50_-23copy.jpg

stamped50_-22copy.jpg

stamped50_-21copy.jpg

stamped50_-20copy.jpg

stamped50_-2copy.jpg

stamped50_-17copy.jpg

stamped50_-16copy.jpg

stamped50_-24copy.jpg

caitlinmontage.jpg

Her mom accompanied her on the shoot, and of course, I couldn't resist some great mother daughter shots!

stamped50_-19copy.jpg

stamped50_-18copy.jpg

Thanks for looking! Have an AWESOME day!

- Ross
www.rossfrazier.com
www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
Infiniti QX4

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    I like your use of backgrounds. Especially the houndstooth against brick. And a lovely model, indeed.

My favorite of the series:

stamped50_-21copy.jpg
    Growing with Dgrin

• jackedwardsjackedwards Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Great shots!!! Did you do the vingette in photoshop, if so was it simple filter or action you created?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    I think this is the best senior series I have seen on Dgrin. Some of the other stuff is really, plain crap - this is nice work. Very filmic. Nice color space. Well shot. Watch the headspace - sometimes too much. The houndstooth - would have liked to see the bottom of it.
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    I think this is the best senior series I have seen on Dgrin. Some of the other stuff is really, plain crap - this is nice work. Very filmic. Nice color space. Well shot. Watch the headspace - sometimes too much. The houndstooth - would have liked to see the bottom of it.

wow! Thank you, Owen! That means A TON!

Jack, I did the vignette in Lightroom - all of these were edited in Lightroom only (I did the montage in photoshop CS3, though). In Lightroom, it is very easy to add a great vignette with little effort.

Thanks again!

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Infiniti QX4
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Those are SUCH fun photos!!! I am sure she'll LOVE them. You can just see what a happy person she is. Seriously, BEAUTIFUL set. clap.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Amazing series ross. I don't know how you get that 70's film feel to them, but it's fantastic. You have a style all your own, and it's wonderful! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Ross I really am a huge fan of your work and your optimistic attitude. This young lady should be so pleased! I think your slightly retro PP goes very well with her attire and the simple backgrounds. But it all works! Congrats for getting such die-hard clients. :D
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Beautiful work. The post processing is superb!!!

I can't help bu notice the razor thin DOF on some of these. I am curious what lens and aperatue you were using?
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Beautiful work. The post processing is superb!!!

I can't help bu notice the razor thin DOF on some of these. I am curious what lens and aperatue you were using?

I never took off my 50 the whole time. For all pictures except the ones of her and her mom were at f/1.4 - f/1.8! I love low apertures - a definite must for me when shooting portraits...

- Ross
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Infiniti QX4
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    These are drop dead awesome. I agree with the earlier poster they're the best senior series I've seen on dgrin. She has a fantastic smile. You have some good variety with the location, angles, and her pose, but she has almost the exact same facial expression in each one (with a few exceptions...) Maybe you could have tried for a few different facial looks? That's really the only minor critique I can come up with. Great work.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    rosselliot wrote:
    stamped50_-8copy.jpg

I love these, Ross. I really like your style. The one above is my favorite, hands down, FWIW.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site