Problem Uploading

acidburn_85acidburn_85 Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited December 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Ok I am having a problem uploading from work at home it works fine just takes alot longer...My workplace has 3 dedicated T1 lines versus my 1.5 DSL so a image takes about 5 seconds to upload versus a min or two. Im using a Macbook Pro with Tiger 10.4.11 and uploading with the Macdaddy uploader or the simple web based uploader either one will fail eventually they will both up load around half a dozen or so then no more it seems to get hung up on certain images if I remove them it will go through until it snags again. The Macdaddy uploader says network interuption even though I can ping smugmug.com with no lost packets. I have used the flickr uploadr to upload images from here with no problem....Please help.

Thanks

208687584.png
40D, 20D, 17-55 2.8 IS, 100 2.8, 70-200L 2.8 IS, 300L 2.8 IS, Plus a ton of strobist gear and studio lights.

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Hi,

Wow, that's an awesome upstream you're having there!

Usually a ping test isn't sufficient to see if there are any connection problems in the route from your computer to SmugMug. Therefore, could you run a trace route on your connection and send it to our help desk (help@smugmug.com)?
    Here are the trace route instructions for a Mac:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3073291
    Copy and paste the results to us in an email.

Let us know about your results.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero