Options

Need help with photo fonts...

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited December 6, 2007 in Finishing School
A few months ago, I saw a few pictures in here where the owner put his/her ©name on their photos, and the fonts were transparent or glass-like, yet still very readable, but not obtructing the view of the images in the photo too badly. I have PS7, but cannot figure out how to do this. I want to do it for my church's photography slide shows when they run powerpoint to show mission stories and sceneries. Can anyone here tell me how this can be done?

Thank you!
ʞ1└0

Comments

• Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Here's just one way ... there are many tutorials on the web:
    http://www.dphotojournal.com/watermarking-adding-copyright-with-photoshop/
    I know they use the word "embossed" but it is "transparent" as I believe you were wanting.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2007
    Here's just one way ... there are many tutorials on the web:
    http://www.dphotojournal.com/watermarking-adding-copyright-with-photoshop/
    I know they use the word "embossed" but it is "transparent" as I believe you were wanting.

Thanks, DTJr! Just what I needed to know. Now my photos oat the church's Powerpoint can look more professional. :)
    ʞ1└0
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Nope, I think they meant embossed. That's the 3-d effect you are seeing. So you set the layer effects to embossed, then also set the transparency to taste.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2007
    I did pretty good with what I wanted done, (making my fonts on the pictures look like glass) but now I have a new problem... I don't know how to pull up the thing that controls everything in enhancing the pictures, such as hue, color, tint, contrast, sharpness, etc. I don't wanna go to the Filter tab and do it from there,`cos not everything is there. I don't mess with PS7 much.

The last time I used it was many months ago. I accidently found this place in PS7 that I'm talking about to enhance my pictures, but now I cannot find it again. It might take me days to find it on my own,`cos it is tricky for people who are using it for the first time or haven't used it much. If anyone can show me how to get to this particular place in PS7, I'd be happy to know. Thanks! :)
    ʞ1└0