A few lensbaby shots...

patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
edited December 5, 2007 in Holy Macro
Just seen Moni s lensbaby leaf and as i have been practicing thought i would post a few to see if i am getting it right???

I used a tripod for these shots as i tend to shake a bit when having to concerntrate on the shutter,holding the camera and wiggling the lensbaby about....I did manage to find the sweet spot this time!!!

Patricia..........:D

IMG_47552.jpg

IMG_4746copy.jpg

IMG_4704copy.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Just seen Moni s lensbaby leaf and as i have been practicing thought i would post a few to see if i am getting it right???

I used a tripod for these shots as i tend to shake a bit when having to concerntrate on the shutter,holding the camera and wiggling the lensbaby about....I did manage to find the sweet spot this time!!!

Patricia..........:D

Hmmmmmm not sure how a lensbaby is meant to work,
    maybe you guys could explain it to me.
    I see so many people get such different results headscratch.gif

Not sure if you've blown these one's up too big Patricia,
    but they look totally out of focus to me, except the last one.

The centre of the flower in the last one looks okay.
    Are you using existing lighting, or flash? .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Hello Skippy...

Well its a tricky lens to use and i think the idea is to have a sweet spot really sharp(not easy to do)....The background is meant to be blurry and i do like that...I havent blown these up at all they are as shot...but for me a tiny step forward as my first attempts werent as good as these...As i have said in a thread Moni posted on other cool shots...I do digital painting and if i like the colors and composition i paint them and sketch in the details...that is always my next step after taking my photos....I grow flowers,photograph them ,paint them and then print and frame.....I decided that i really wanted to get more into photography this year and so i am strugging on!!! But its a lot of fun!!!

Patricia.............:D
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Not sure how to use a lens baby, but I like the second image best. Yes it's out of focus, but it's a cool soft funky out of focus. I think that is sometimes what poeple are looking to achieve with a lens baby. MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Not sure how to use a lens baby, but I like the second image best. Yes it's out of focus, but it's a cool soft funky out of focus. I think that is sometimes what poeple are looking to achieve with a lens baby. MM

I think proffessional photographers do look for the sharpness but looking at the photos from an artists view i really like them as its like painting with the camera!!! I am happy you like it...made me smile!

Skippy...no special lighting...my haha studio for these rose shots was the kitchen table just under a set of 4 halcygen spot lights...got to get to grips with the camera settings and all they can do ....then i will get to the special lighting effects...i sometimes use table lamps and drape sheer white fabric over or tissue paper...when i have a few hours to spare i will have a go at making a soft box( if that is what it is called)....

Patricia.........:D