new stuff came today!

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 5, 2007 in Cameras
My new gear came a day earlier than previously expected...Canon 40D, 17-55 2.8 IS, 85 1.8, 580 EXII. :D I'm in camera heaven right now! It fits great in my hand and is so quick and responsive and a lot quieter than my KM 5D. I love the My Menu function and all the custom functions available. I didn't take a ton of pictures today...read most of the manual and played with buttons. I took my son outside for a brief walk and was having fun when all a sudden my shots were blowing out and I couldn't figure out how I had changed the EC to +2! :rofl So, back inside we went and I found a customization tweak that worked much better for what I was used to. Happy Day! My 17-55 is a little stiff when zooming, especially at the wide end, but maybe this will get worked out with some use. It was fun to be able to take a picture of most of my living room at one time with the wider angle. I haven't even taken the flash out of the box yet...maybe tomorrow! I will be going to the post office to mail off two e-bayed lenses from my KM gear that don't see much use anyway, so those sales will help (a tiny bit) towards this new investment. So far, so great! :barb

EDIT: Oh...and I put my Smuggy strap on it too!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    Christmas arrived a little early?! mwink.gif

Congratulations, can not wait to see some pictures clap.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited December 5, 2007
    Congratulations Elaine!clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums