Industrial graffiti

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited December 8, 2007 in Landscapes
Hey..

This pic is from a big industrial area in my hometown. Alot of graffiti and such wich i like. It is "legal" to put ur art on the walls here. The place is well hidden so the police dosn´t put any effort to keep em away..Wich is good =).
This is one thing that makes my hometown kinda famous.

228653857-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2007
    Nice colors, Arvan! I love graffiti if it's done well. It's a shame to the real estate owners, but I guess you can't always win. :D

Even though the horizon's a bit tilted in this one I think the grain works well for the urban subject. thumb.gif
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2007
    Very interesting! I think the pool of water really adds interest to the composition. Nicely done.
    Here is one of my own of graffiti:

99222970-M.jpg
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Nice colors, Arvan! I love graffiti if it's done well. It's a shame to the real estate owners, but I guess you can't always win. :D

Even though the horizon's a bit tilted in this one I think the grain works well for the urban subject. thumb.gif

Yes it is tilted. I´ve had this picture for ages without doing anything with it. It was just a quick snap with my old but rather nice finepix S9500.

Im going home today..Maby il come back tomorrow with pics of some more graffiti and a couple of rave pitures from the party tonigt =)
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    Yes it is tilted. I´ve had this picture for ages without doing anything with it. It was just a quick snap with my old but rather nice finepix S9500.

Im going home today..Maby il come back tomorrow with pics of some more graffiti and a couple of rave pitures from the party tonigt =)

But it's not tilted surely? It's revolving, like the Earth! Can't you feel the water in the puddle being fuged?

I love it. But imagine a figure, slanted against this force, moving through...

229601645-M.gif

Jeffrey Smart "Central Station II" 1974-75
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    wow!! blown by your galleries, Arvan
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    love the colors.. i guess its good for the town, but where i live, no one has the balls to deface property.. one day i found this trailer with some graffiti on it, nothing spectacular.. got the pics up

2095786260_aba5e2d262.jpg?v=0

2095013475_d82f695316.jpg?v=0
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com