Options

Season ENDer, 2004

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited March 14, 2005 in Sports
Well someone asked for climbing shots, so here's one of my better ones I nabbed on the last climb of 2004, as icicles were forming on some of the routes nearby. Let me know what you think! :D

climbing12.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 11, 2005
    Coldclimb,

It's pretty contrasty (is that even a word?) or bright, especially the rocks in the upper left and his helmet. Plus, I didn't even notice the guy down below until I had been looking at it for a few seconds. Which I found to be the central point of the pic. IMO, it would have been soooo kewl if you could have gotten a little more separation between the onlooker and the climber, but working at the heights you were, I'm amazed you even got a shot off....lol.

Maybe a tighter crop so that the person at the bottom is a bit more obvious and the climber is diagonally filling the frame, might help some too.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2005
    Maybe a tighter crop so that the person at the bottom is a bit more obvious and the climber is diagonally filling the frame, might help some too.
    Hmm... I did get a ton of pics that day. How's this in comparison?
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 12, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    Hmm... I did get a ton of pics that day. How's this in comparison?
    Coldclimb,
    Yeah, this one really illustrates how far off the ground the climber really is thumb.gifthumb.gif I'd maybe crop a bit off the right side and I think you'll wind up with a very frameable image clap.gifclap.gif

Niceeeeeeeeeee

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    Well someone asked for climbing shots, so here's one of my better ones I nabbed on the last climb of 2004, as icicles were forming on some of the routes nearby. Let me know what you think! :D

climbing12.jpg
    Its kind of funny, see I like this one better than the 2nd one, because it messes with my head. Which sometimes if fun.
    Reminds me of an MC escher painting.
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Its kind of funny, see I like this one better than the 2nd one, because it messes with my head. Which sometimes if fun.
    Reminds me of an MC escher painting.
    i think they are both great and i would like to see more. how were you secured when you shot these? were you strapped in at all?

jeff
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2005
    i think they are both great and i would like to see more. how were you secured when you shot these? were you strapped in at all?

jeff
    A long and complicated series of runners (short lengths of webbing sewn in loops) clipped together and to my harness to extend me down from the anchor enough to peek over the lip. The rigging involved in climbing photography is at least half the fun! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com