Options

What did you guys do to the ezprint profile?

aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited December 8, 2007 in Finishing School
I must not have read the announcement of the new profile too thoroughly because I thought the tweak was only to match the icc profile with the output better.

The first thing I noticed when soft-proofing with the new profile on the calibration print jpg is that there is less that is out of gamut.

I had ordered a set of calibration prints right before you changed the profile. I thought to be on the safe side, to include a new set with my next order. Well I just got them last night. When comparing them, side by side, the new ones are noticeably sharper and the colors are bolder.

I don't know what you did or how you did it but NICE JOB!!! :clap

Comments

• Options
    billandersbillanders Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Agreed. clap.gif

I was slow on the news and didn't even know that they released a new ICC profile.

Huge difference between this one and the previous, especially when comparing it to the calibration prints displayed on screen. And it made a huge difference for my shots that I took around Halloween time in the Great Smoky Mountains. With the old profile, the mossy greens were horribly oversaturated and flat. Now I see beautifully rendered greens with a lot of contrast.

Off to order prints to see first hand.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    :D more info here in this sticky

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=76700
  • Options
    aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    :D more info here in this sticky

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=76700

Yeah that's the one I already saw. I must have been brain-dead from work when I read it. All I remember was blah-blah-blah download new profile...

Now that I read it again it certainly explains everything :)