I think I need advice.

DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited March 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have not done very well in the last contests so would you all give me some advice for this minimalism one? Here are my ideas thus far:

This one I call "Smile"

17282493-L.jpg

I'm not sure what to call this one but the wasp flew in as I was taking the photo and he just put his little head up against that wall and stayed there as if someone put him in the "time out" corner

17282494-L.jpg

I call this one 'Eye of the Storm" because seconds after taking it the cat took off like the Tazmanian devil!
17282495-L.jpg

I am not sure this one qualifies

"First Blossoms"

17282496-L.jpg

Comments

• purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    First of all, your photos are absolutely beautiful, although not all fit the challenge.

The 1st picture fits very nicely, and though the wasp photograph is REALLY interesting to me, it unfortunately isn't minimalist.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    I really like #3, don't know about the challange though. Not having much luck myself. Posted one try so far, but not much shaken there. I would maybe try and use a little sharpening on the eye, IMO.

And where in the world do you live that has wasps like that :uhoh, that looks like a bigun eek7.gif. I been nailed by yellow jacket before, but nothing like that!!!

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif
  • DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    thank you
    purified wrote:
    First of all, your photos are absolutely beautiful, although not all fit the challenge.

The 1st picture fits very nicely, and though the wasp photograph is REALLY interesting to me, it unfortunately isn't minimalist.
    I can use all the advice I can get. dawn
    edited March 11, 2005
    Thanks again
    bfjr wrote:
    I really like #3, don't know about the challange though. Not having much luck myself. Posted one try so far, but not much shaken there. I would maybe try and use a little sharpening on the eye, IMO.

And where in the world do you live that has wasps like that :uhoh, that looks like a bigun eek7.gif. I been nailed by yellow jacket before, but nothing like that!!!

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    I appreciate that! We live in Louisiana and yes the bugs are huge here! We even have these twelve feet long lizards in the swamps! ICK! And don't get me started on the mosquitos!!!
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    I like the first one for the challenge and they rest I just... likeiloveyou.gif .
    Very nice colors and composition:):

Tim
  • joechiujoechiu Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Those are all beautiful pictures! I agree that the first one would make an entry, but the others do not fit the challenge category. I love the colors!
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 11, 2005
    Dawn: No comments on challenge worthiness because no one can outjudge the judges but each of these photos are simply beautiful. creative, great compositions, nice light... congrats. thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Hi Dawn,

have to agree that the first picture is the best entry for this challenge. The more I look at it the better I like it. The composition is pleasing and the orange of the rust nicely complements the beiges and browns of the rest of the photo. The title is intriguing. Smile?

Virginia

Email
    edited March 11, 2005
    Thanks everyone
    [Smile?

Okay first of all, I am an artist first, photographer second, so I "see" faces and characters in almost everything. If you look at the first photo and at the bottom screw you can imagine a smiley face with it's eyes closed. see it? Then if you step back and look again, the lines that go across the entire screen look like a large smile.

( no I have not been drinking!) Dawnrolleyes1.gif
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    all these shots are beautiful! and the 1st is definitely challenge worthy!! thumb.gifclap.gif