Options

Model Test Shoot .. help!

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited December 7, 2007 in Technique
Hi All

I've been asked to shoot some pics for an inexperienced models portfolio and as it'll be my second real photo-shoot I'm excited by the challenge but also concerned that I don;t enough experience either and don't want to mess it up.

Now I've started to plan the main photoshoot for her including finding a studio, asking her to put together a mock portfolio of images that she can see herself doing, etc and I'm meeting up with her this week to discuss the actual shoot itself and what she's expecting from me and vice-a-versa. I've also been contacted by a make up artist who hopefully will be able to help as well. I'm planing a 3-4 hour day aiming for something simple for now; a casual, formal evening dress and a fashion shoot.

As I don;t know how much experience she has modeling and being in front of a camera I've suggested that we meet for a 1-2 hour test shoot a week or two before just so that we can both be comfortable working with each other and see what we both need to work on. Now I'm not too sure what and how I need to prepare for such a test shoot and what to ask from her ? Do I just go for an informal casual thing and work from there or should I plan for something more formal and if so what ? My own thoughts were that she should just be dressed nice and casual so thats she comfortable and then do a series of posed and candids, close up portraits, head and shoulder and full length. Or is that the wrong approach ?

Cheers

Harj

PS.

I think this thread needs to be moved to one of the other sections of the forum, so if the moderator can do so that would be really cool !

:D :thumb