Up close and colourful

sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited December 9, 2007 in Holy Macro
Not sure if this really constitutes macro, but I did take these shots with my macro lens...:scratch. Was experimenting with still life indoors waiting for the rain to subside.

229711395-M.jpg

and

229711438-M.jpg

Comments

• Glenn NKGlenn NK Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I really like these a lot, particularly the first one. Good imagination to come up with the "objects" and put them in the container.

I've been experimenting with "closeup/macro" and using focus stacking; with this technique you could get everything in focus (if you wished that is).

In the Holy Macro forum there are some superb tutorials by Lord Vetinari - simply followed his directions and achieved some pretty good results with flowers.
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Lovely shots sunita- don't think I've seen coloured cocktail sticks before :D
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    Not sure if this really constitutes macro, but I did take these shots with my macro lens...headscratch.gif. Was experimenting with still life indoors waiting for the rain to subside.

They look like very sharp coloured skewers.
    I like it when people experiment, it's a great way to learn something new.

I need to give this type of thing a try.

Thanks for sharing Sunita thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Thanks Glenn, Brian and Skippy for your comments!

Actually, they are multi-coloured toothpicks which I bought for my class to illustrate point groups in group theory. :D

Glenn, you're right - I should have tried focus stacking - will definitely get to it shortly. thumb.gif
    edited December 8, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    Thanks Glenn, Brian and Skippy for your comments!

Actually, they are multi-coloured toothpicks which I bought for my class to illustrate point groups in group theory. :D

Glenn, you're right - I should have tried focus stacking - will definitely get to it shortly. thumb.gif

Well actually I didn't mean to say you should have tried FS; rather that it would give a quite different look. Shallow DOFs seem to be popular these days (years, I'm older than some) and also can be very effective.

Glenn
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Sunita...

What a brilliant idea....love your colorful pics...

Patricia......:D
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Hi Sunita! I really like these shots. I particularly like the first one as I like seeing the edge of the container as well. Very cool! thumb.gif
    edited December 8, 2007
    Thanks Patricia and Susan! Glad you like them. :-)

Glenn, I did get your point - what I meant to say was that I too meant to try focus stacking when I was shooting these, but somehow didn't get around to it...

Sunita
    edited December 8, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    Thanks Patricia and Susan! Glad you like them. :-)

Glenn, I did get your point - what I meant to say was that I too meant to try focus stacking when I was shooting these, but somehow didn't get around to it...

Sunita

I kept putting it off too - all summer when the flowers were everywhere. Finally I "got around" to focus stacking in the last week,, and now it's "where have all the flowers gone?":cry
  • eggbanjoeggbanjo Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I love the DOF in these shots.
    Gary
    edited December 9, 2007
    Thanks, Gary! Glad you like them.