edited December 14, 2007 in Landscapes
Dar es Salaam

230010420-XL.jpg
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Your photo shows a lot of activity that I had to just sit and take everything in. I enjoyed the visual walk thru it.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dogdots/Mary
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Your photo shows a lot of activity that I had to just sit and take everything in. I enjoyed the visual walk thru it.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dogdots/Mary

And thank you for looking and commenting. I'm happy it was worthwhile. Your nick intrigues me. Is there a story?

edited December 9, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    And thank you for looking and commenting. I'm happy it was worthwhile. Your nick intrigues me. Is there a story?

Yes, there is a story, but it's not very interesting and really doesn't make any sense---just like me sometimes :D

Dogdots/Mary
    edited December 10, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Yes, there is a story, but it's not very interesting and really doesn't make any sense---just like me sometimes :D

Dogdots/Mary

Well... sometimes sense isn't to be made! Do you know flyspots, by any chance? Or cowpats?

edited December 10, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    Well... sometimes sense isn't to be made! Do you know flyspots, by any chance? Or cowpats?

Nope don't know those.
    edited December 10, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nope don't know those.

Oh! Hope I didn't put my foot in it!

edited December 10, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    Oh! Hope I didn't put my foot in it!

Nope you couldn't put your foot in it rolleyes1.gif Although that is what people usually think.

You could put your foot on it or thru it if I actually did what I was going to do.

Sounds like a riddle now :D

Dogdots/Mary
    edited December 13, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nope you couldn't put your foot in it rolleyes1.gif Although that is what people usually think.

You could put your foot on it or thru it if I actually did what I was going to do.

Sounds like a riddle now :D

Dogdots/Mary

Mmmm... not so BASIC, eh? Laughing.gif

The dog munchies tin?

edited December 13, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    Mmmm... not so BASIC, eh? Laughing.gif

The dog munchies tin?

Your a photographer so you should be able to figure it out.
    Just think alittle :D it will come to you.
    edited December 13, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Your a photographer so you should be able to figure it out.
    Just think alittle :D it will come to you.

By the time I AM a photographer, yes, I will have had PLENTY of time to figure that and a lot of other things out clap.gif

edited December 13, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    By the time I AM a photographer, yes, I will have had PLENTY of time to figure that and a lot of other things out clap.gif

Let me know when you do :D Have a good day.
    edited December 13, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Let me know when you do :D Have a good day.

You mean snaps of furry four-footed snappers, as in the pixels that comprise images of canines? mwink.gif

edited December 13, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    You mean snaps of furry four-footed snappers, as in the pixels that comprise images of canines? mwink.gif

clap.gif You got it clap.gif
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Wouldn't dog pixels be more like dixels?rolleyes1.gif
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    edited December 13, 2007
    bham wrote:
    Wouldn't dog pixels be more like dixels?rolleyes1.gif

Not going there :D
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Nice capture..I guess you didnt have any intention to plan this picture?. I like tha intence and all that. But the photo itself is not that great. The white building is totaly burned out and it´s a bit pale here and there. But if pictures like these where perfect....They will turn out booring imo.

Nice capture..Keep it up!
    edited December 14, 2007
    Hi Dogdots

Damn! How 'bout that now!

And when you get tired of being Dogdots, since you seem averse for some strange reason to Bham's suggestion of Dixels, you could become Woofels or even Waggels...?

edited December 14, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    Nice capture..I guess you didnt have any intention to plan this picture?. I like tha intence and all that. But the photo itself is not that great. The white building is totaly burned out and it´s a bit pale here and there. But if pictures like these where perfect....They will turn out booring imo.

Nice capture..Keep it up!

Hi Arvan. Nice to get your C/C!

Yes, the photograph is certainly bad. It was, as you rightly describe it, a casual snap. But it should have been, and would be now, less casual. I salvaged it from some snaps I took in Tanzania in 2006 when I was young and innocent and didn't know what I was doing!

I would of course have liked it with lower luminance in the highlights (the blazing African sun was setting very low and there were deepening shadows), and more intense colors, and a little movement blur in the turning vehicles. And I could have got all that with more forethought, more skill and better equipment.

I like it for the interplay of pictorial elements - the correspondence in posture between the struggling figure of the historical statue and the barrow-pushing live figure, and the oppositional movement of the privileged traffic - and the narrative - that even after armed struggle and modernisation the poor are still there as before.

It's a harsh theme, and as you say, the photograph needs a certain harshness. I especially love the direct look of the man's face caught in the light.

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    NeilL wrote:
    Hi Arvan. Nice to get your C/C!

Yes, the photograph is certainly bad. It was, as you rightly describe it, a casual snap. But it should have been, and would be now, less casual. I salvaged it from some snaps I took in Tanzania in 2006 when I was young and innocent and didn't know what I was doing!

I would of course have liked it with lower luminance in the highlights (the blazing African sun was setting very low and there were deepening shadows), and more intense colors, and a little movement blur in the turning vehicles. And I could have got all that with more forethought, more skill and better equipment.

I like it for the interplay of pictorial elements - the correspondence in posture between the struggling figure of the historical statue and the barrow-pushing live figure, and the oppositional movement of the privileged traffic - and the narrative - that even after armed struggle and modernisation the poor are still there as before.

It's a harsh theme, and as you say, the photograph needs a certain harshness. I especially love the direct look of the man's face caught in the light.

"when I was young and innocent and didn't know what I was doing!"
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Love that line hehe.