SOLD: Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX DG and Canon UV filter

HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited December 11, 2007 in House of Canon
SOLD!
I have for sale a Sigma 28-70 EX DG lens with the constant f2.8 aperture. This is a very nice lens with no optical flaws that I can percieve and only very minor body and hood wear. It looks really fantastic actually. Comes in the original box with all accessories and paperwork. My wife used this lens for about a year and a half in a studio and doing weddings but she has duplicated this range with a 17-40L and a nifty fifty. I have used it for a few concerts but it I need a bit longer reach than this gives me so it ends up not being used much anymore. Price is $215 shipped CONUS and I'll eat the Paypal fees.
SOLD!

229952885-M.jpg

SOLD!
Next is a Canon 67mm UV/haze filter that fits the above lens. It has never been used. We bought it with the Sigma but since we always used the hood we never had a worry about damaging the lens. The case has been opened when we first got it but I don't think it was ever screwed on to the lens. Price is $5.00 if bought with the lens, otherwise price will be $5.00 plus shipping and PP fee.
SOLD!

229952867-M.jpg

More images including lens sample pics can be found here; http://weaverimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/3948213

I have feedback here and on ebay as hispl.

Thanks for looking! :thumb
-=Tim=-

P.S. When I say that I used it at concerts, please understand that I do not shoot from the crowd where things can get rowdy. I am a sound engineer and generally I am onstage with the band or at front of house where the sound console is. My camera gear stays safe in these locations.

Comments

• HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I should also explain what the sample pics are. First is a High Key studio shot of my daughter. The shot wasn't a keeper for obvious reasons rolleyes1.gif but if you view it a original size you can see how sharp this lens is. Shot at f10 and is straight out of the camera coverted in lightroom with NO sharpening! You can count the threads in her jeans it's so sharp. Next up is a shot at f2.8 Focus point was on the "Muller" somewhere around the "ler" part. This is also straight from the camera with no sharpening. It's a bit softer, but what zoom isn't when wide open. The bokeh from this lens is really nice too with a 9 blade aperture. Third shot doesn't really say much about the lens but I like it so it's in there! :D

Thanks again!
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    PM Sent
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • XSP/TonypXSP/Tonyp Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    I'd like to purchase the 67mm Canon UV filter please.
    Tony M. Powers
    5710 Unionville Brief Road
    Monroe, NC 28110-949
    edited December 9, 2007
    You have a PM! thumb.gif
    XSP/Tonyp wrote:
    Tony M. Powers
    Monroe, NC 28110-949
    edited December 10, 2007
    Hey Tony,

I don't know if you are receiving PM's or not. If you still want this filter please email me at tim@weaverimaging.com to claim it. I have a buyer for the lens and he wants the filter too, but you are in line before him. If you still want it please contact me, if you no longer need it, please let me know that as well. Price is $8.00 total shipped and paypal'd.

Thanks,
    -=Tim=-

XSP/Tonyp wrote:
    Tony M. Powers
    Monroe, NC 28110-949
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Maybe he wants to you mail it to him along with the bill? mwink.gif
    HiSPL wrote:
    Hey Tony,

I don't know if you are receiving PM's or not. If you still want this filter please email me at tim@weaverimaging.com to claim it. I have a buyer for the lens and he wants the filter too, but you are in line before him. If you still want it please contact me, if you no longer need it, please let me know that as well. Price is $8.00 total shipped and paypal'd.

Thanks,
    -=Tim=-
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
    edited December 10, 2007
    So THAT'S how this intarnet sellin' thang goes. I had it backwards all along expecting money before I shipped something out. rolleyes1.gif

This will be considered a highly underused smiley bump as well.
    :ps
    :heh
    :bread
    :poke
    :food
    :burger
    :deadhorse
    :tough
    :ymca
    :mlane
    :seamus
    :gone
    :flush
    :devbobo
    :ian

We now return you to your regularly scheduled FS thread....
  • kitkatkaplankitkatkaplan Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    HiSPL wrote:
    I have for sale a Sigma 28-70 EX DG lens with the constant f2.8 aperture. This is a very nice lens with no optical flaws that I can percieve and only very minor body and hood wear. It looks really fantastic actually. Comes in the original box with all accessories and paperwork. My wife used this lens for about a year and a half in a studio and doing weddings but she has duplicated this range with a 17-40L and a nifty fifty. I have used it for a few concerts but it I need a bit longer reach than this gives me so it ends up not being used much anymore. Price is $215 shipped CONUS and I'll eat the Paypal fees.

I'l buy it if you can git it to me in NYC (Brooklyn) By Thursday for a shoot Friday night. Call me at 718 513 9845
    edited December 10, 2007
    Sigma Is SOLD!
    Filter pending..... :ivar
    edited December 11, 2007
    All is Sold! Thanks everybody! thumb.gif