Thoughts?

CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited December 8, 2007 in People
A recent self portrait. I've been wanting to do something similar for a while now, though I have to admit this wasn't prepped very well. Interested in everyone's thoughts. Does the reflection work for you? Or is it more distracting/less-asthetic?

229909152-M.jpg
Justin Benson
CTU Photography

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 8, 2007
    well, I'm not sure why anybody would wear sunglasses in an sp, but I think it's a decent sp and nice conversion-

the reflection doesn't really bother me, but it would have been neat to run some kind of ad while you were at it-
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 8, 2007
    bs aside, neat shot-
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I like your concept and lighting but don't care for the reflection. I would prefer to black it out.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I'm a HUGE sunglasses fan :) haha. I love them and wear them all the time. Here's my self portrait - with arms extended, nothing fancy, with my new sunglasses that I got over vacation! Notice the horrible reflections in mine! haha - in the beach house bathroom at arms length self-portrait...didn't bother with much manipulation haha.

fixmomseyes-2copy.jpg

Okay - back to your picture: I like the picture - but you know what would help more? If you included the picture without the reflection, then we could imagine both of them (or not have to imagine...I guess) haha. But I think it would be better without the reflection...personally. I think the same with mine, too.
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4