Options

Help - need to merge 2 photos

bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited December 9, 2007 in Finishing School
I am new to photoshop and I have a Mac with iphoto, lightroom aperture and a PC with Photoshop but I really just need to take 2 photos and stich themtogether so I can make the a 4 by 8 for a card. Driving me nuts since the best I have been able to do so far is use paint on a PC to put them together....

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Hi there

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. So I'll give a couple suggestions.

1. If you are stitching the two photos into a panorama - i.e they are shots of the same scene with some overlap - then PS CS2 and CS3 have a function called photomerge that works really well (I have CS3, and it is great).

2. If you are trying to amke a 4 x 8 canvas - well, you can do so by making a new doc/photo/canvas and choose its size.

Perhaps you could post the photos that you are working with and we can be of more help.

ann
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    That was enough of a hint
    Thanks -

I still do not really know what I am doing in photoshop but the photomerge worked really well and solved my problem.

Thanks Annclap.gif
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi there

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. So I'll give a couple suggestions.

1. If you are stitching the two photos into a panorama - i.e they are shots of the same scene with some overlap - then PS CS2 and CS3 have a function called photomerge that works really well (I have CS3, and it is great).

2. If you are trying to amke a 4 x 8 canvas - well, you can do so by making a new doc/photo/canvas and choose its size.

Perhaps you could post the photos that you are working with and we can be of more help.

ann
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Glad to help. Holler if you need anything else.

ann