That was then. This is now.

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited December 11, 2007 in People
Ten months ago I posted some of my first efforts at portraits using my kids, grand-kids and great grand-kid. This one was taken of my grandson who is also known as grand-kid #14.

Taken 10 months ago - last February.

125952324-M.jpg

He is now 11 months and I wanted to play around with some high key lighting so he was chosen - plus my daughter wanted some new photos. :D

Getting ready for the shoot, got to get his hair combed and pick the right outfits.

230196872-O.jpg

Of course we had to get a couple of shots in his christening outfit.

230196960-O.jpg

230232369-O.jpg

...and a final shot for his dad.

230197014-O.jpg

I know the brush doesn't go in the shot, but it was better than the alternative of trying to take it away from him.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 9, 2007
    hey dixie-

hope you're doin' ok-

a good lookin' grandson-

I like the photos, but I'm wondering if his skin tone and lips are a little too red-
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    14th?? WTG clap.gif

He's absolutely adorable! Love all the portraits as well. How about few without soft effect? :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    hey dixie-

hope you're doin' ok-

a good lookin' grandson-

I like the photos, but I'm wondering if his skin tone and lips are a little too red-

George,

I'm doing fine. It is the processing that I used. I'll post the shots without the soft focus and color adjustments.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    edited December 9, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    14th?? WTG clap.gif

He's absolutely adorable! Love all the portraits as well. How about few without soft effect? :D

Thank you, Marina. Here is the only one that I have uploaded, but I'll upload the others and post them as well.

230340970-O.jpg
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 9, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    14th?? WTG clap.gif

Marina,

Here are the other three without the soft focus. Keep in mind that he was at the tale end of a bad cold so his nose was running, his eyes were a little red beneath his actual eyes, and his cheeks were a little blotchy because of the cold. The only adjustments done to these were a little tweaking of the contrast and dust bunny and spot removal from the background. I also cleaned up his runny nose.

230366481-O.jpg

230366515-O.jpg

230366549-O.jpg
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 9, 2007
    Dixie wrote:
    Thank you, Marina. Here is the only one that I have uploaded, but I'll upload the others and post them as well.

230340970-O.jpg

I love this one-

it cracks me up about the brush, but I guess all babies have something they like to hang on to-
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Love the flight jacket shot!! A man's man already.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Lovely shots!

How old is he now? I recently did a shoot for my nephew who is now 13 months :D...

oh and bytheway. I live in Jacksonville, AL too mwink.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
    edited December 9, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    I love this one-

it cracks me up about the brush, but I guess all babies have something they like to hang on to-

You're right, George, and he definitely didn't want to let go of that brush.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 9, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    Love the flight jacket shot!! A man's man already.

You're right and that is why that shot was for his dad. ...and thank goodness, it wasn't a pink brush. :D
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 9, 2007
    Lovely shots!

How old is he now? I recently did a shoot for my nephew who is now 13 months :D...

oh and bytheway. I live in Jacksonville, AL too mwink.gif

He is 11 months.

We'll have to get together sometime. Scott (bham on DGrin) and I have done one day together running Little River Canyon by roadway. We are planning to get together again so let me know if you are interested and we'll let you know when we have the next photo outing set.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Dixie, i love your original shots!!! Thank you for posting them, and the first one with the brush is absolutely fantastic!! clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Those are outstanding! I love the first one.
    edited December 9, 2007
    Dixie wrote:
    He is 11 months.

We'll have to get together sometime. Scott (bham on DGrin) and I have done one day together running Little River Canyon by roadway. We are planning to get together again so let me know if you are interested and we'll let you know when we have the next photo outing set.

i'd surely be interested. I am new to this area (moved less than 1 year ago) so I do not know "the sites"... been around Cheaha and Noccalula and that is about it ne_nau.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    edited December 10, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Dixie, i love your original shots!!! Thank you for posting them, and the first one with the brush is absolutely fantastic!! clap.gifclapclap.gifclap

Thank you again, Marina.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 10, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    Those are outstanding! I love the first one.

Thanks, David.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 10, 2007
    i'd surely be interested. I am new to this area (moved less than 1 year ago) so I do not know "the sites"... been around Cheaha and Noccalula and that is about it ne_nau.gif

Scott and I are trying to coordinate a time period when we can shoot together again. Are you available during the week? ...or just on weekends?
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 10, 2007
    Dixie wrote:
    Scott and I are trying to coordinate a time period when we can shoot together again. Are you available during the week? ...or just on weekends?

I am usually working during the week (I work with Bill Miller) and have saturdays free.

But I will be "off" starting the 20th through Jan 6th.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Dixie wrote:
    This one was taken of my grandson who is also known as grand-kid #14.

With that many grandkids, you could easily shoot nothing but the grandkids and always have plenty of interesting subjects.

Some nice shots. I like the effects on them.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    edited December 11, 2007
    I am usually working during the week (I work with Bill Miller) and have saturdays free.

But I will be "off" starting the 20th through Jan 6th.

I'll let you know via PM when we get something set up.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited December 11, 2007
    bham wrote:
    With that many grandkids, you could easily shoot nothing but the grandkids and always have plenty of interesting subjects.

Some nice shots. I like the effects on them.

Regretfully, only one (soon to be two) live close enough to see on a regular basis.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie