Viewing for first time

OC ZOOMOC ZOOM Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited December 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm really new at this so please have patience. I just finished adding a new gallery and want to start showing my oix to friends, but I don't know how to get this started. When I tell someone about this and invite him or her to view my site, what do I tell them? What instructions do I give them? What does the page look like that they will see?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    OC ZOOM wrote:
    I'm really new at this so please have patience. I just finished adding a new gallery and want to start showing my oix to friends, but I don't know how to get this started. When I tell someone about this and invite him or her to view my site, what do I tell them? What instructions do I give them? What does the page look like that they will see?
    welcome wave.gif

Suppose you wanted to share your Hawaii gallery, you can just give this link:

http://photopix.smugmug.com/gallery/3960771#230136018

which is gotten either by copying and pasting from the url (in the address bar of your browser) or by clicking the "share photo" button in your gallery, then choosing what you want to do:

1) share by email - add an address, your email text, and go :)

2) click the other link, "links forums & blogs" and then grab a gallery link or photo link.

To see your site as a visitor, just log out :) Many of us use 2 browsers, we LOVE Firefox, it's free from www.mozilla.com - you stay logged in on one browser, logged out on the other.
  • OC ZOOMOC ZOOM Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Still not sure. If I give them www.Smugmug.com can they access my photos or is there a specific address just for my page? I want my visitor to see all the galleries and choose from them all. Disregard all of the above. Just clicked in to this pea sized brain of mine.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    OC ZOOM wrote:
    Still not sure. If I give them www.Smugmug.com can they access my photos or is there a specific address just for my page? I want my visitor to see all the galleries and choose from them all. Disregard all of the above. Just clicked in to this pea sized brain of mine.
    I would give them the link your have in your siggy, the one with your nickname, that's
    where your photos are.
    http://photopix.smugmug.com
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • OC ZOOMOC ZOOM Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    Al, Thanks for that tip. That sure makes it alot easier.