Low Tech!

Remember47Remember47 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited December 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi,
I think it's really interesting to see that the two shots called "(He)Loves Me Not" were created with really low tech settings. That sort of thing truly helps people to understand that they don't need a studio full of props, expensive lights, back drops etc. What you really need is a creative eye and some yankee ingenuity!
My shot, "Natural Death" was a last minute inspiration while I was cleaning out the vegetable bin in my fridge! I found a rotten eggplant, a couple of month old lemons, and some dead parsley. I then looked out the window and saw a whole host of decaying things in my garden. I went out and gathered some dead reeds, grasses, oak leaves, berries and some crispy
weeds.
I went into my office and put a chair on the desk, covered it with black cloth and draped a scarf over it. I placed a box under the fabric to support the props.
I then arranged the dead produce in an artful manner and placed the leaves and sticks around the base.
I went out in the garage and grabbed an old linoleum glue spreader and a rusty trowel, then on the way upstairs, I snagged a starfish from the book shelf.
I put it all together, closed the curtains, turned on a little lamp and voila!
Like I said, vision and creativity trumps expensive "stuff" every time!
Remember47