Options

Festive Light Comparison

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited December 10, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
This year, the LA DWP (Department of Water and Power) changed the light bulbs of their Holiday display to LEDs. I just happened to take a couple of shots that show a direct comparison. The exposures are a little different, but the color difference doesn't change even if I adjust in RAW.

Old Penguins
48481379-L.jpg

New Penguins:
227312790-L.jpg

Old Griffith Observatory:
48481371-L.jpg

New Griffith Observatory:
227313407-L.jpg

Looks like they lost a couple of stars, too! (There's also a person walking through in the New shot).

Anyway, I thought it was interesting...
Chris

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    This year, the LA DWP (Department of Water and Power) changed the light bulbs of their Holiday display to LEDs. I just happened to take a couple of shots that show a direct comparison. The exposures are a little different, but the color difference doesn't change even if I adjust in RAW.

Old Penguins
    New Penguins:
    Old Griffith Observatory:
    New Griffith Observatory:
    Looks like they lost a couple of stars, too! (There's also a person walking through in the New shot).
    Anyway, I thought it was interesting...

Yup those new ones are much more colourful than the old ones nod.gif

I like the Penguines .... did they just put in new globes or change them to LED's ???

Your camera likes the new ones I'd say thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the Penguines .... did they just put in new globes or change them to LED's ???

Your camera likes the new ones I'd say thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Thanks Skippy! I took the originals when I was still shooting JPG only, so that makes a little difference (and I have a bit more experience now! mwink.gif)... But the LEDs are noticably more colorful even in person.

They changed almost everything over to LEDs. Since they are are Energy suppliers and keep telling everyone to conserve energy, they were getting a lot of flak about this huge light display! They even power it at least partially with a Fuel Cell now.
    Chris