Print options for me but not for public

havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
edited December 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
New guy here...

If I want to print some shots, but do not want to allow the public print access.

Is there a better way than turning print on...place my order than editing the gallery again and turning print off.
Randy P.
Fuji X shooter
Thoughts and Images

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    There's not a better way, I'm sorry :(
  • havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Not a big deal.

It's funny how we get annoyed when we have to make about five extra clicks of the mouse to enable/disable a web feature.
    Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 10, 2007
    You can also simply turn it off, add them to the cart, and turn it on again right away. Then you can take your time finishing your order and know your images were only printable for a few seconds.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    You can also simply turn it off, add them to the cart, and turn it on again right away. Then you can take your time finishing your order and know your images were only printable for a few seconds.

Or if you want zero seconds of public print availability, change the gallery to private, enable printing, make your print order, then turn printing off and make the gallery public again.

Or copy the images you want to print to a new private gallery that is enabled for printing and order your prints from there.

Or re-upload the images you want to print to a new private gallery that is enabled for printing and order your prints from there.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • mdhmdh Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    If you have a pro account. Set printable to on in the gallery, then in the custom pro pricing, set the prices of everything to 0 (not for sale).

The customer will still see the 'buy this photo' link, but when they click it they won't have any products to choose from.
    -Matt
    Seattle Photography - Nature|Portrait|Event
    'The negative is comparable to the composer’s score and the print to its performance.' - Ansel Adams