LPS#18 concept

OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited December 11, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm playing with a concept, and was wondering whether this conveys milliseconds and how the image might better. These are rough WIP's. Here they are:

Playing with Matches #1
231029002-L.jpg

Playing with Matches #2:

231029199-L.jpg

Any C&C is/are welcome, Thanks in advance.
Ozone

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    On a larger scale (it only takes a spark, to get a fire going) that is an interesting concept.

-Only you can prevent forest fires --Smokey
    Growing with Dgrin

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    I really like the concept. I was staring at the LPS18 themes thinking "how the heck can we...." Your vision hits the theme dead on in a way that I didn't even consider. Push it a little further to put the flame into context (without blowing yourself up in the process) and you'll have a contender.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2007
    while i think the current images don't quite cut it, i do think you can develop this into some very interesting shots. fire's always good =c)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    fire's always good =c)
    rolleyes1.gif

The matches are well rendered, but the rest of the frame leaves be a bit puzzled. I feel like there is somthing I am missing about the setting. Is that an oval hole in a sheet of metal? Or is it supposed to be a mirror?
  • OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

The matches are well rendered, but the rest of the frame leaves be a bit puzzled. I feel like there is somthing I am missing about the setting. Is that an oval hole in a sheet of metal? Or is it supposed to be a mirror?
    Actually, it is a mirror, but I realize it's hard to see it as such. Anyway, thanks to all for the input, I know that I still need to do some work to this.
    Ozone
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Fire/matches were something I'd thought of as well. Just not sure if I'll be able to create the right "scene". Good luck!!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker