Christmas Party at the Cue Club

DJTHEMACDJTHEMAC Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited December 11, 2007 in People
Howdy folks! I got my Camera back from the Canon Repair facility just in time to shoot the annual christmas party at the bar I work for. The christmas party is to die for, and many people work at the bar ONLY to be able to be elligible to go to the christmas party. Shot with my XTi SS=1/10 F=4.0 ISO=400, 430EX

1. Our only underage employee found a twist off juice drink in her goody bag unlike the rest of the employees who got mini shots of their favorite alcohols. :D
230784527-L.jpg

2. Bartenders
230913634-L.jpg

3. Too much sauce
230943553-L.jpg

4. 1 Dollar Drinks makes the statement "Shots for the bar!!" a reality.
231011820-L.jpg

5. Shots
231011607-M.jpg

6. Rum. Meh. That shot was for me.
231024025-M.jpg

7.Carnage
231111111-M.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Good times-

Your shots have significantly improved since your first post. Congrats on evolution!! clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Great captures! The lighting worked out very well, too. Was your flash on-camera with a diffuser?
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    DJ,

Thanks for letting us come to your party. Nice series, BEE-YOO-TIFUL ladies and # 7 shows it ended the same way ours used to so many years ago.

Don't you just lurv the 430EX??
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • DJTHEMACDJTHEMAC Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Good times-

Your shots have significantly improved since your first post. Congrats on evolution!! clap.gif

Thank You!! It's sometimes hard because I like all my work because I know the people in it, but when i post here I have to force myself to think what pictures are intrinsically pleasing on their own.

Anyhow thanks for the compliment!! :D
    edited December 11, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Great captures! The lighting worked out very well, too. Was your flash on-camera with a diffuser?

Thanks!! I made a bounce card type item out of white foam material from wallyworld called "Foamies," according to this site

http://abetterbouncecard.com/

I think it works awesome! On the other hand, I made it the first day I picked up my flash, so I have no experience with direct, non-diffused flash.
    edited December 11, 2007
    DJ,

Thanks for letting us come to your party. Nice series, BEE-YOO-TIFUL ladies and # 7 shows it ended the same way ours used to so many years ago.

Don't you just lurv the 430EX??

hehe thanks!! I love working at the Cue for just that reason. I've never been surrounded by so many beautiful people in my life, its a photographer's dream. I don't really do have do anything but frame the shot correctly, everybody looks good and is so natural in front of the lens. :D

I love the 430ex! It's my first flash and it has taught me so much about low light shooting.
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    DJTHEMAC wrote:
    hehe thanks!! I love working at the Cue for just that reason. I've never been surrounded by so many beautiful people in my life, its a photographer's dream. I don't really do have do anything but frame the shot correctly, everybody looks good and is so natural in front of the lens. :D

I love the 430ex! It's my first flash and it has taught me so much about low light shooting.

fun pics, esp the last one mwink.gif Mill Ave seems to have gone under a drastic facelift since the time I was in school there; glad to see there are still a few decent places around :D