Options

Some Jamaicans

FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited December 11, 2007 in People
Sharing bread with my best friend of 36 years, woodcarver, guitiar player, philosopher. He was 31 when we met, 67 now, he let me pitch a tent in his yard for free for several months....ah to go back in time......

229365169-L.jpg

Live has not changed much for him, but he is not bitter about lack of upward mobility....more worried about the termites that are destroying his humble abode.

229154690-L.jpg

Wife and I usually stay at a place called Tryall, near Sandy Bay where I once lived.....Some of the employees at Tryall have also become fast friends.....This one takes your credit card at the end.

229146992-L-1.jpg

My waiter posed for me one morning, great fellow, he had only to see me..... and Blue Mountain coffee would soon appear.

229142748-L-1.jpg

How about this smile! What a beauty.

229142426-L-1.jpg

One more, thought you might enjoy this negative I scanned from 1973....fresh outta college and livin in Jamaica. Boy was I lovin life.

230109042-L.jpg

More Jamaica photos both old and new can viewed at www.allensklar.smugmug.com Hope you enjoyed these!

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Allen,

The first photo is particularly powerful. I love the light that accentuates his wiry muscles and brings forth the shadows in his face. Beautiful. thumb.gif

The last photo of yours doesn't show up. Do you have external links turned on in that gallery?

Great post!
  • Options
    FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    schmoo.....thank you for the compliment greatly appreciated. The links control was on as you suggested. Have removed block but not sure if the photo will now appear?

231242006-L.jpg

...Tools of the trade to be replaced on my next visit.....love the hands.

231241561-L.jpg