Options

Help with Size for a Digital Frame Image

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited December 12, 2007 in Finishing School
Howdy All-

So I got one of the Philips Frames through the SmugMug affinity (9FF2). Now I am using it with my Mac. They do not have an application that will do the resizing for me like they do for Windows. So I figured before I install that program just to figure out the proper image size; can someone tell me the pixel dimensions and DPI for an image to be displayed on it?:scratch

Thanks
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Howdy All-

So I got one of the Philips Frames through the SmugMug affinity (9FF2). Now I am using it with my Mac. They do not have an application that will do the resizing for me like they do for Windows. So I figured before I install that program just to figure out the proper image size; can someone tell me the pixel dimensions and DPI for an image to be displayed on it?headscratch.gif

Thanks

No experience, but it should be easy enough to work out. Somewhere it should mention pixel dimentions. The pixels per inch of the image, PPI, does not matter, it is simply the pixel width/height of the display that is important (dots, DPI is for print).

One could display an image that had a grid spaced say every 50 or 100 pixels or whatever and count off the markings to determine the display resolution (with a finer grid one would be more precise). One could also test for distortion using this method.

I am presuming that this type of device is meant for ease of use, you can probably throw almost anything at it and it will scale things on the fly to the display size (guessing), which may not be as good as sizing in Photoshop for this device. Once you have an image up, you will probably then have tone, colour and or sharpness considerations to take into account.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Marsh.
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Great idea. That worked perfectly.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact